Chapter 3

Zayn's POV:

I sat at the table and started eating.

 "So, a scary movie? Romantic? Action?" Harry asked, obviously excited that I chose to have a movie night.

"Up to you, Haz." I said around a mouthful of food. He nodded, a huge smile on his face.

 "We should order Chinese too!"

 "Sounds good." I looked at my watch and got up, grabbing my phone and keys.

"Tell the kids I said 'hi'" Harry called as I left the kitchen and I grunted in acknowledgement. I hopped into my car and drove the 40 minutes to the school, listening to whatever was on the radio. I parked my car and walked into the school building. I was a student teacher at the drama school in the city. When I walked into the classroom, Mr. Jackson, the real teacher, was seated at his desk and he looked up when I entered the room, putting a pile of paper on the corner. I nodded to him and sat down, helping him grade papers until the students came in.

 "Hi Mr. Malik!" A few girls giggled as they came in.

"Alright class." Mr. Jackson said as the students took their seats. "Mr. Malik will be running the class today." Mr. Jackson looked at me and smiled. I always got nervous when he allowed me to take charge. It's not that I couldn't do it, I was just afraid I might mess something up. I stood up and adjusted my shirt as I began to speak.

 "Alright. Today we will be running through Romeo and Juliet. I think you've gotten enough background on it, but we'll go scene by scene and talk about whatever you don't understand." I said and a few students nodded. "I need 9 volunteers; 8 boys and 1 girl." I announced as I grabbed scripts. I picked the students and they grabbed a script as they walked up to the mini stage. Behind me, I heard one of the students talking.

"Tony can't act. I don't understand why he tries." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

 "Tony, I would like you to play Tybalt if you don't mind." I said, sitting in a chair in front of the stage.

"O-ok Mr. Malik." Tony said and flipped through the script.

"Boo!" John yelled. I rubbed my temples and sighed. 

"Mr. William, that is not appropriate. I will not deal with your rudeness today. So, one more outburst and you will have a detention." I said without taking my eyes off the stage and heard him snort. We ran through all of act one and class was over.

"That was a very nice lesson, Zayn. The students seem to understand what's going on in the play now. Well done. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Mr. Jackson said approvingly.

"Yes, sir." I said and left the room, heading to my car.

"Blake! Hold him! Don't let him get away." I heard someone's voice say from the alley. I rolled my sleeves up and turned the corner to see John and Blake attacking Tony.

 "Hey!" I yelled and ran over, grabbing John and Blake by the back of their shirts as they tried to run.

"Get off!" John yelled, throwing his elbow back and connecting it to the corner of my eye. I ignored the pain and threw them against the wall.

"What the hell do you two think you're doing?!" I yelled, anger building up inside me. Who came up with the rule that teachers weren't allowed to smack their students?

"What does it look like? Kicking his kid's ass?" Blake spit out and it took all I had to not slap him across the face.

"He's a faggot." John laughed and something snapped; I slammed my hand into the brick wall beside his head.

"You will not say that and that is definitely not a reason to hurt someone." I growled. John smirked.

"Did I hit a nerve Mr. Malik?" I took a deep breath and took a step back.

"I will deal with you two tomorrow in class." I pushed them to the opening of the alley and knelt down next to Tony. "You alright?" I asked and he looked up at me, blood dripping from his nose and a bruise forming on his cheek. I sighed, shaking my head. "Come on. I'll take you home." I murmured, helping him to his feet. He only nodded, clearly shaken up. I helped him get in my car and drove him home, following his directions.

"Thank you, Mr. Malik." Tony whispered as I pulled into his driveway.

"No problem, Tony. I'll take care of them tomorrow, ok?" He nodded and got out of the car, going into his house. I drove home in silence, my anger still floating in me. Then my phone rang and I jumped. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered. "Hello?"

"Hello? Zayn?" I immediately recognized the voice and without hesitation, I hung up. I threw my phone on the passenger seat and gripped the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white. What did he want? How did he find me?