Chapter Twenty Three

Song playing "I Need You" Reynard Silva

The morning sun shines through the peaks of the tree and the birds chirped happily in the early hours waking Mindy up from her slumber. The hoodies were draped around her little frame with a missing Jonah underneath it. Shooting up, her eyes darted at every angle of the forest landing on his back in the distance. She couldn't quit figure out what he was doing.

"Done spying on me there... girlfriend?" he stressed the last word.

"I...wasn't spying." She said turning her head away as she realize that he was taking a morning pump. "Wait girlfriend? What gives..."

Her voice was caught in her throat when she takes a look at his face now that he walked over to her. He was as paled as a ghost.

Jonah notice her staring. "Do you need a bathroom break before we head back? I don't think I can stand another day out here without food." He joked. But the real reason was his body was strained and he didn't know how much longer he can held out without fainting.

"No, I can wait." Her voice was reassuring. Mindy can tell his state was fragile and didn't want to waste anymore time getting back. "Here let me help you."

She adjusted his good arm over her shoulder and wrapped her right arm around his wide waist. Together they strut though the forest back towards Serene.

*****

Two hours later the scenic of the house came into view.

"We made it," Mindy huffed. Her muscle ached from half carrying Jonah all the way back, but she ignored it.

"Yeah we did," Jonah puffed breathlessly.

Ten minutes later and they were in front the house. Right when they step in Jonah's legs gave out on him. It took every ounce of Mindy's muscle to catch his falling body and keep it up.

"Oh god, Jonah." She stumbled with his body making their way to the couch. She sets his body down wasting no time at all, she rushes to his room. Grabbing hold of his car keys, she fumbles her way back down.

"Hold on Jonah, I'm going to take you to the hospital." She attempted pulling his body up only to be dragged down by him.

"No hospital." He grunts.

"But we have too! You're shot and you can die," she cried. Her body attempts to pulls at his again.

He doesn't budge and shakes his head.

"JONAH!" Tears spilled as the man in front of her was being hard headed. She wish he understand that her heart pained at the thought of losing him.

"Call Jordan." He breathe his last word before falling out of consciousness.

"God you hard headed jerk!" she cursed at him but her hand willingly searched his body for his phone but came out empty. Then her feet willingly ran back to his room searching for his phone. She spotted it on his night stand and hurriedly input his password before strolling through his contact list for a Jordan. Finally dialing it she listen to the rings counting them nervously.

"You miss me already?" Jordan's voice came through the line jokingly.

Mindy didn't think of what to say to this Jordan when he actually answered the phone. Should she say that Jonah was shot or just tell him something else. It didn't take her long to deliberate as the voice on the other line broke her train of thought.

"Jonah did something happen to her again?" His voice was now serious.

"Jonah, he's... he's been shot." Her voice came out slow and clear.