Chapter Seventeen

Three hours later, Jonah pull to the hospital. Normally it would have taken four hours to get back into town but he was speeding his way back. While driving he thought of all the possibilities that could have happen to his mother. Every now and then his mind wanders off to Mindy.

"I shouldn't have left her like that. Brought her along or something. What if she gets away? No way, she's chained to the stool. No way can she get out of that. But whatever my mother's more important right now."

He rushes into the hospital where a nurse was already waiting to direct him to his mother. Arriving at a ward, he sees through the glass window a couple nurses pinning his mother down on the bed while Doctor Hansen, his mother's personal doctor, prepares a sedative to inject her with. His jaw tense and hands fist by his side. Finally, the needle was injected into her and the wailing and screaming subside to soft whimpers before his mother completely blacks out.

"Who or what the fuck caused this?" He was blazing with anger directing his attention to the nurse beside him.

"Uh, uh... I'm not sure I wasn't there when it happened but Nurse Joy was." she was nervous and scared of the frightening man in front of her.

"Well where the hell is she!" he shouted.

A couple minutes later Nurse Joy along with Dr. Hansen leads Jonah into the doc's office shutting the door behind them.

"I'm sorry Mr. Chambers." Nurse Joy started. "She acted up right after a visitor came to see her."

"Visitor? Why the hell would you let some unknown person come see her?" Jonah fumed!

"Well, you never put any restrictions on who can visit her. And he seem to know her pretty well. Mention that he was an old friend and even showed a picture of them together." She stated carefully.

"Ha this is fucken ridiculous! So if a murderer came in here and said they knew somebody you will just let that person in? I should take my mother right out and sue this place out of everything its got!"

"Calm down Jonah." Dr. Hansen said putting a hand on his shoulder. He was an older man. And he's been his mother's doctor for as long as Jonah can remember. So they've grown a close relationship.

"Just tell me who the hell he is and what happen." He said closing his eyes trying to calm his anger.

"Well after I left him with your mother, he was in there for five minutes before your mother started screaming and shouting uncontrollably. I went to check and she was throwing stuff at the man. He was by the wall dodging the items. I grabbed hold of your mother hugging her in my arms. She was crying asking me to 'get rid of him' and that she 'never wanted to see him again'. The man then said 'Nina you can never get rid of me, I know you still love me', before he walked out of the room." Nurse Joy finished.

Jonah immediately tense. His mind went directly to the one man who put her there in the first place - Bruce. "That fucken jerk! I'm going to kill him!" he punch the wall next to him surprising both Nurse Joy and Dr. Hansen blood escaping his skin around his knuckles. "Who was he? What's his name? Show me the cameras."

"The man was in his late forties. He signed in with the name 'Ricky Malone'. But I'm starting think it's a fake. He was medium built and about six feet tall. I doubt the cameras caught his face he was wearing a hoodie blocking it." Nurse Joy said.

Jonah confirms his thought as height and built was similar to Bruce's. His next thought focus on the female he had back at home. Oh, how he would have her pay for her father's doing.

*****

Pulling up back at the house, he staggers out of his truck. After making sure his mother was in good hands and restricting all visitors he left the hospital to come home but not before grabbing himself a few drinks. By the time he arrived back it was already nightfall. Lightning can be seen from the distance and cracks of thunder heard. A storm was coming.

His anger was still ablaze. This time there were no more excuses, he's going to give Mindy what she deserves.