Chapter Ten

Hello all! Merry Christmas && Happy Holidays!

Sorry for this is a short Chapter.

Jonah carefully lays a sleeping Mindy onto the living room couch. After the incident, she cried and shook in his arms. He knew he had frighten her. He wanted to scare her into obeying him. He just didn't expect her to be this terrify of snakes to be able to seek refuge in her captor's arms. He had heard from neighboring houses miles down that they've spotted a big snake in the area, he used her as bait. Killing two birds with one stone. But he was starting to slowly regret that now looking at her tear stained face.

He had scooped her up in his arms and carried her all the way through the woods back home when he knew she wasn't able to move on her own. Mindy's grip on him tighten when he started walking afraid of being along. The comfort of the man's chest and his warm embrace calmed her. She quickly drifted to sleep in his arms.

Jonah pushes her hair out of her face and wipe away the tears that were still rolling out of her closed eyes. His heart tugged at him. What was this feeling he wondered? Pain. He was feeling pain. Something he did not want to feel for her, his enemy.

Pushing the feeling away, he gets up goes into the lower level bathroom and come back with a tube of ointment. He sits on the ground beside her sleeping body and takes her hand into his own knowing that he will never dare do this if she was awake. Opening the tube he gently applies it to the rope burn on her wrists. Doing the same for her other.

He was just about finish when Mindy's hands suddenly grabs one of his. "Please, save me." she cries. "Don't let the snake bite me." She was having a nightmare. Jonah grabs hold of her hands in his own and comforts her. "Shh shh, it's okay I'm right here. I'll protect you."

Her crying calms down to a whimper and then silence. Her eyes then slowly open. She turns to see the ogre and her holding each other's hands and tosses his away. Sitting up she curls up at the end of the couch. "What did you do to me?" Her voice was frighten.

"I was just applying ointment to your wrists." He didn't want to tell her that but it was better than saying he was comforting her while she was sleeping.

Her eyes darted to her wrists and her nose inhales its strong scent. She didn't question farther. This man confused the hell out of her. One minute he is threatening to kill her the next he's aiding her cuts and bruises.

"Now you know what I'm capable of." Jonah says staring right into her eyes so she knows he was serious. "And you said you will do anything I want so long as I saved you. You better keep your words or I'll toss you in a pit full of snakes.

Mindy cringes at his threat. She pulls her legs closer to her chest wrapping her arms around them. "You evil person." She barely whisper it.

Jonah laughs at her remarks. He gets up and pulls out the chain once more bounding her ankle to the sofa leg. Mindy didn't struggle, she knew there was no point. That took him by surprise. What happen to her fighting spirit?

"You have your father to blame. Now rest, I'll make dinner." Saying that he walks away leaving her to her thoughts of what exactly her father did to make this man hate them so much.