Chapter eight

Aiden's POV

Kaitlyn slumped up to me on a brisk morning break. "It happened."

"Oh, cupcake, come here!" I ran to give her a hug. Oh, and if your wondering, I call her cupcake or cuppiecake now. I don't know why.

"Thanks.." She whimpered and started to cry. I felt so bad for her! Her first broken heart.

I had an idea. "Hey, how do you heal a broken heart?"

"I don't know!!" She was bawling now.

Woopsies. Let me continue anyway. "You work your way from the inside out. Heal deep to shallow. What did he do to you that ticked the fuck out of you more than anything?"

Great choice of words.

"I-I... Uh...." She tried to continue. "The way he was always so nervous. Uh, uhm.. the way he never let me hold his hand?" She sounded like she wasn't sure.

"...and why does that tick you off?" I tried to sound stern, but still friendly.

She stood up straight and looked me in the eyes. "Because he is my boyfriend!" She looked away, then closed her eyes to shut out the tears. "..........was- my boyfriend."

"And?!" Am I at bootcamp here?!

"He should be proud to be mine! Not afraid!" She prodded up her shoulders and stood as proud as a heartbroken teen could be.

Thats it! She is feeling better about herself! Yay good progress, Aiden. You did good.

The bell rang at the perfect time and we fled to our classes.