Chapter two

Randals POV

Why has my best friend been so upset lately? I was thinking to myself as he slouched in my doorway. 

"..Hi, Randal.." He muttered.

I probably looked strangely confused as I tilted my head to my right. "Why are you so down, dude? You've been acting like a slouch for weeks!"

That was probably not the best thing to say to a guy who is upset and has two fists.

I expected him to punch me in the face for what I said, but he just sighed. "It's Kaitlyn. She won't leave me alone! 'I want to do this! I want to do that! Why are you always so busy?!' Why won't she just shut up for once?!"

Wow. I can't believe that he could possibly talk about Kaitlyn that way. I have secretly had a crush on her since kindergarten when she planted a big wet one on my cheek. It was because I heroicly saved her from the bully at school. Basically, I just grabbed her waist and yanked her off the slide. So heroic.

"But Kaitlyn is so sweet! I'm sure she doesn't mean it like that, and if she's making you upset, just tell her! She will understand! You and her are probably the only one's who understand me! Why just leave her hanging without even saying a word and ignoring her all day?"

He just stared at me expressionless. "How...do you know.. I mean.. about me ignoring her?"

"She and I have started texting a lot lately. She has had some troubles, mainly her parents. But everything has started to settle down. She really has no one to turn to because her friends just can't understand how she feels. Honestly, I think I know how she feels pretty well. And didn't your family have some issues too? We can all get down, dude."