Rose's and Thorns

Elena POV:

They didn't drag me far before pushing me against up a tree, but I closed my eyes not wanting to see me kidnapper, but I could feel their hot breath against me neck. They had both my hands pinned to my sides with their hands and I could tell they were close. Not inappropriately close, but close none the less. Though even with my eyes closed there was something comforting about them, and something that instead of making me feel scared for my life made me feel safe.

"Open up your eyes." The voice commanded, but I kept them tightly sealed not listening to him. "I said open up your eyes. Your only making it harder on yourself." It said as I began to flutter my eyes open to come face to face with a pair of beautiful emerald eyes. Eyes that I hadn't seen for the past two weeks.

"Peter!" I cried in happiness throwing my arms around him hugging him tightly as tears ran down freely from my eyes while he chuckled, but hugged me back none the less. "Oh Peter I'm so glad your back I've missed you." I said pulling back from him a bit so I could see his face closely while he looked at me intently, but there was something new there.

"I've missed you too. More then you'd ever imagine really." He whispered, the end part so quietly I almost hadn't catched it before bringing me back in for another hug, but I wasn't about to complain. I had missed Peter terribly, and it was so good to see him again. After all it had been two weeks without any word as to where he'd been this whole time, but then again if Tristan had told the truth, then I knew exactly what he'd been up to. I kept telling myself it was a lie however. At least I hoped thats what it was.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick. Nobody would tell me anything, and they were keeping me locked up in that tree house with terrible excuses, let me tell you." I rambled as Peter smiled down at me happily with the new but wonderful twinkle in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Like I said before I left. I was trying to find the Red Skins hideout, but no such luck if anything I feel like I'm further away from ever finding it. Though it shouldn't matter if they know what's good for them. Then again they did take you away in the first place." He mumbled as he brushed a stray hair away from my face as I blushed a soft pink having to fight back the urge to lean into his touch for some reason. "You said they wouldn't let you out of the tree house, but yet here you are. Do I want to know how that happened exactly?" He asked pulling his hand away giving me his famous Peter Pan smirk. A smirk I had learned could mean a million different things.

"Well I may or may not have snuck off when nobody was looking." I blushed everting my eyes to the ground so he couldn't see the blush nor the truth. Though I was no good at hiding things so it didn't matter one way or another.

"Oh really, and how could you have snuck off without anyone noticing?" He asked eyeing me up. While I continued trying not to make eye contact. "Elena?" He questioned lifting up my chin with his finger a smirk still sitting happy upon his face.

"Well they all disappeared for a little bit so I knew it was the perfect time to make my escape. Come on Peter you can't blame me. Nobody was telling me anything and I hadn't heard from you in two weeks, I had begun to think you were dead or something. I needed to leave and find some answers on my own. I'm just thankful I ran into you before I ran into something else." I told him, playing the innocent act that he seemed to buy right away, and I was very thankful for that. I mean nobody would picture the girl without her memories to be any kind of danger. I had the perfect leverage if things came down to it.

"Well I'm happy you ran into me instead of anything else, who knows what could of happened to you. There are many dangerous things here in Neverland El, and don't you ever forget that. There are heartless beasts that wouldn't give ripping you in two a second thought." Peter said sternly with a scared look in his eye before brushing it off and smiling at me as he took my hand in his, and brought it up to his lips before placing his lips over it. 

A part of me wanted to pull my hand away, and be angry with the gesture. But another part of me was melting. Something about him was different, different from any other. Yet I did't know what. Just there was something about him that lured me in, and never wanted to leave. It was hard to truly explain, but it was just something I felt. However I knew it was something dangerous if anyone found out about it, including him. Or even myself if I said it out loud to anyone. Because I knew Peter Pan wasn't all good. Memories or not he wasn't considered a good guy by any means, but that still didn't stop me from getting closer. He was like a rose. A beautiful delicate looking rose, but surrounding it were deadly thorns. Thats exactly who Peter was, but I still hadn't got pricked hard enough to let go and leave things well enough alone. I couldn't. Because if I did I knew I'd regret it for the rest of my life. Instead I smiled back at Peter as he pulled his lips away, and my hand grew cold as he let it drop back to my side.

"I think we should get back to camp the Lost Boys are probably freaking out with you being gone all of a sudden, and I'm sure they would be ecstatic to see their leader again. I mean who wouldn't want to see me?" He joked while I rolled my eyes at him as we began to walk back to camp.

"I'm sure I could name a few." I mumbled lowly so Peter couldn't hear it even if he used magic.

My mind returning to Tristan back in that bird cage of sorts, and what he had said about Peter and my family. How they were looking for me, and they had been looking for me the past five years. If what Tristan said was true I had been away from my home for five years, and all because of Peter. My heart ached at the thought. I was caught between believing him or not because I didn't know any better. At least not with my memories being out of commission at the moment. From the time I had heard these words making me rethink everything I had noticed something. Yes, I had been thinking about everything greatly. Yet I hadn't wanted to consider proof of it all because in all truth I didn't want any. I didn't want this information to be true. Peter had been there for as long as my mind would let me remember. I couldn't think he would do the things Tristan had accused him of, but how could I say he was lying. I couldn't, but I also couldn't say he was telling the truth either. I was torn down the middle with what I'd learned. My head telling me one thing while my heart told me a completely other. How could I ever choose.

"Hey you okay?" Asked Peter as he looked down at me concerned while I looked back up at him. He certainly didn't look evil on the outside.

"Yea I'm fine just tired I guess." I shrugged as I small smile played on my lips so it looked a little more convincing then I could pull off without it.

"Okay just making sure. You know you can tell me, and trust me with anything El, I'll always be there for you." He said as something crossed my brain.

'"Elena what's your life like back home?" He asked while I looked at him surprised at his question. What was my life like back home what kind of question was that?

"What?" I asked confused swinging my legs back and forth.

"How does your family treat you, do you every feel alone or lost with them? Do you have anyone besides your family you go to?" He asked changing his before question to some I would better understand and grasp.

"Fine they love me and stuff, but they don't really tell me things, and always send me away when something happens. They say it's because they don't want me getting hurt. I have my best friend Tristan, me and him have been friends sense we could crawl though. Oh and I have you of course." I said smiling happily while he looked at me shocked.

"Me?" He asked complete and utterly stunned beyond words or belief.

"Well of course I feel as if I could trust you with anything, and you seem to always be there, even if your much older your still one of my best friends." I stated to him as I looked up at the sky which was now brightly lit up with the suns warm rays kissing the earth. I heard a small sniffle and turned to see him wiping away stray tears that were falling from his blood shot eyes.' 

As quick as the memory came it was gone, but at least it was something. I looked back up at him as he still held a concerned look on his face. For now I would trust Peter, and this memory. It was all I had, and I planned on keeping it.

"Of course Peter." I said smiling at him before grabbing his hand and we both walked into camp together hand and hand.