Definitely Not a Party

Elena POV:

I sat in a large chair in my bedroom for the time being not doing anything as Rose, Lacy, and Thalia scampered around the room tending to my every need. Even though I had told them multiple times that I really didn't need their help. Though when I had said that they seemed to grow upset so I just let them do their own thing. At the moment Rose was standing in front of me doing my makeup while she hummed a soft beautiful toon, and I couldn't help but be enchanted with it.

"What exactly are you singing Rose?" I asked her as she looked away from my makeup for only a second to look me in the eye before returning to her work. 

"Don't expect to get much out of her Miss it's just the way she is. Hasn't talked sense she seen her love get his wings ripped off I'm afraid." Said Thalia as she shook her head sadly while looking through some different shades of nail polish.

"Oh Rose I'm so sorry. Who would ever do such an evil thing?" I asked but as soon as the words came out of my mouth I regretted them. There was but only one person on this island who would do such a thing and his name was Peter Pan. "Oh well don't worry things will get better, I promise." I said smiling up at Rose then Lacy and Thalia before the room fell quiet once again.

"My mother used to sing it to me to help me sleep when I was only a sprite." Rose spoke softly making all our heads turn to look at her surprised. "She said every time that you'd sing the tune that all darkness would shrink away from you and you'd be safe. The whole time me and Adrian were in Pan's clutches I would hum the tune. It could have been much more painful for Adrian, but it wasn't I have to believe in anything to keep me going so I believe in that silly little tune. That in reality probably does and means nothing." Rose said a single tears rolling down her pretty little face. I felt for her I really did. 

She had seen so much evil and she was not much older then me if she was at all, and if it was one thing I knew about Pixies it was that when or if they found their True Love. It was the most important thing in the world to them and if Rose lost Adrian to death and such a painful one as that I couldn't imagine the pain she went through. A true love was your other half and when they died it's like you loosing your other half. I shook my head dismissing my thoughts instead thought of a way to comfort her.

"I don't think its silly at all." I told her as she looked down at me surprised before backing up a bit putting away the makeup.

"Do you really think so." She asked softly while I smiled up at her nodding frantically.

"Of course I do. In fact I remember my mom saying something quite similar. She told me 'Elena there is a darkness out there that can't always be run out by things like swords. Sometimes you have to raise your voice to make the darkness disappear.' So that's exactly what I did. I used my voice when I thought I was alone or scared and it made it much less scarier, and even if she wasn't there I knew she was with me." I said as she nodded a small smile falling upon her face. "Will you sing with me?" I asked her while she looked at me surprised.

"I would be honored Miss." It didn't take long for the both of us to begin to sign in sink together and I was amazed on how much it helped. I really did feel closer to my mom wherever she was now, and I felt the darkness maybe for only a moment but I could feel it disappear from around us. Once we finished all four us had sang and were smiling and laughing with one another. From then on we were connected in a way nobody would ever understand, but also in a way nobody could every destroy either.

Not long later they had finished my hair, makeup, and nails and I was ready to put my dress on. I was excited to say the least because if the dress looked half as nice as my hair and such turned out I wouldn't look to bad tonight. They handed me a long flowing bag that held my dress inside before shoeing me inside the bathroom to change and as soon as I took the dress out I knew it was perfect. It was long and fell to the floor, it was a velvety purple color, at the top it layers but was still tight where it needed to be, and it cascaded down until it hit the floor. It was absolutely perfect.