My Name is Elena

Elena POV:

Every thing felt fuzzy and unclear. I couldn't really explain it but I knew it wasn't right. That's when I heard it. Somebody was talking but I was to weak to open up my eyes and see who it was, and I couldn't even understand what they were saying. All it sounded like was mumbling, but for all I knew this mysterious person was cursing me out, and I really didn't feel like waking up for that. Then they began to shift me and something wet was falling onto my neck, and it all felt weird and awkward. So I decided to use whatever energy I had left and try and open up my eyes. When I did I heard the words the person was saying become clear.

"Elena?" Asked a voice that I didn't recognize nor did I recognize the name. I slowly began to open up my eyes to meet a pair of emerald green ones staring back at me with tears in them. I was beyond confused. A boy only a little older then me stared back with so much happiness, but confusion laced within his beautiful green eyes. He had brown wavy hair with a little blonde highlights blurred within, and he also seemed to be quite tall. With a good size of muscle. All in all he was very handsome, but I still didn't know who he was.

"Elena your all right. Don't you ever do that again do you hear! I thought you were dead! I'm so happy your okay Elena." The strange boy said hugging me but I didn't hug him back, I didn't even know who this boy was. "El?" He asked confused while I just looked at him oddly. Who was this Elena he kept rambling on about.

"Who's Elena?" I asked him unsure. His face went slack, and his eyes went wide, while his mouth dropped open. He looked scared, and by his stance and appearance he looked like somebody who never got scared, but at that moment it looked like he was terrified. I felt bad for him, but I felt even worse for myself. Not because I didn't know who I was, but that I couldn't even comfort him during his grief because it was obvious that he needed it. I only wished I knew who he was so I could maybe help him in any way I possibly could. Though like I said or thought in this case I didn't even know who I was let alone some boy.

"This is no time to be joking around with me right now El. I've been searching for you for days, where have you been?!" He said anger seeping through his words, but something told me was just stressed out and annoyed. I really wish I could put his mind at ease, but I couldn't, and that made stray tears fall from my eyes. I didn't know who he was, but he appeared to know who I was, and that broke my heart. Why couldn't I remember who I was? Where I was? Why couldn't I remember him?!

"I don't know?!" I screamed at him whimpering at the end feeling so lost and alone. "I don't even know who I am let alone where I am at this very moment. I most certainly don't know where I've been for that matter! I especially don't know you!" I cried as he looked at me heartbroken before backing up, and away from me; before leaning onto a tree for support. Tears sprang into his eyes as mine fell freely like a waterfall. His began to fall making him also fall to the ground and put his head in his hands.

"I was supposed to protect you from the darkness El. You were my second chance and I failed, I'm so so sorry." The boy cried softly speaking in a hushed voice like it was a secret only I could hear. Maybe it was and I just couldn't remember I didn't really know. I crawled over to him slowly not wanting to make him uncomfortable or uneasy, and then took a seat beside him leaning my back against the tree.

"The truth is I don't know anything thats going on right now. I don't even know who I am, or you for that matter." I said sadly looking over at him as he looked up and made contact with me. With his intense green eyes I had already began to grow fond of, but most likely I had always been, and just could't remember. "But I wish I did. I wish more then anything, I remembered who you were. It would make things so much easier. I don't however, I don't even know where I am at the moment." I said chuckling half heartedly.

I was trying to lighten the mood I really was, but I was just so confused and scared at the moment I couldn't even lighten my own mood up. How was I ever going to get through this?

"Hey it's okay I'm here, and I won't let anyone hurt you. Your safe while I'm around." He said comforting me, but it only made more tears fall.

He carefully moved me closer to him not wanting to put pressure on any of my wounds. Wounds that I never even knew I had until I crawled over to sit beside the boy. Though more importantly I didn't even know how I had gotten them in the first place, and that was the scary thing. For all I knew the boy who was comforting me could have given them to me, and was just trying to act the part of a friend. I didn't know, and who knew if I'd ever figure that out in the future.

Though there was more wounds then just those that were showed on my skin. There were even more hidden inside myself. Wounds that could never be stitched back together, and I knew matter oh faculty that he had given me some of those. But there were more assaults within that were by many others. From family, friends, who knew who else. I wasn't looking forward to finding out.

"Do you promise?" I asked as I cuddled further into him. Believe it or he was very comfortable, and I knew he could be dangerous and somewhere in the pit of my stomach told me he was. Though another part told me he wouldn't hurt me. He may show feelings in a different way, but he would never intentionally hurt me. He chuckled looking down at me a smiled etched upon his beautiful face before he spoke brushing away strands of hair away from my face.

"You can't remember, but believe it or not we've made multiple promises to one another. We both always tried to keep them, but you were always so much better at it then me. I wouldn't think twice about breaking a promise, but with you I knew and I know breaking it isn't worth what I could loose. I'm never going to loose you again El. Your not leaving me so easy. So in other words yes I promise I'll keep you safe, and I won't let anyone ever hurt you, not again." He said looking at me lovingly in a way that I knew was rare, and would never be shown when others were around.

I may not remember anything, but I still felt like before and even now I could tell a persons character. So I could tell that this boy had something dark hidden within him, but that only made me want to help him more. I also could tell that he had strode his whole life trying to brick up his heart from view, and I was getting a very rare and unseen look into it at this very moment. Though I knew with my help I could destroy his walls and in the end it would be for the best, but it was easier said then done.

"Will you promise me something else?" I asked him looking up at him hopefully while he just smiled back down at me. I could tell he was happy to see me.

"Anything." He said while I nodded a small smile making its way onto my face as well.

"Promise me that you'll help me regain all my memories, I don't want to live in the dark. It may just seem strange to you from the outside, but inside I'm screaming my head off. It's nerve wracking, and scary, and lonely. I'm in the dark, and I hate it. So promise me you'll help me find the light again." I said looking up at him as he stared out into space. Like he was thinking deeply about something, and it wasn't somewhere nice, and I would never want to go there. Though something told me I had traveled there many times before, and just maybe I was there at the very moment. Finally he seemed to awake from his day dream and looked down at me again. He nodded yes.

"I promise." He said still looking unsure about it, but it was to late now. He had promised me, and I didn't hold any promise lightly.

"You never did say what your name is. You seem to know what my name is or what I assume my name is, but you haven't said what your's is." I said looking at him quizzically while he smiled shyly dismissing what we had last discussed.

"Elena that is your name." He said while I said the name over and over in my head. Elena. My name is Elena. My name is Elena. I am Elena. Elena. It seemed to fit okay, and there was no use lying to me about something as silly as a name so I presumed that really was my name. There really was no reason to think differently.

"And yours?" I asked looking up at him meeting his green eyes.

"My name is Peter, Peter Pan."