***

'I don't want it, Taylor. I love you. I will always love you.'

Lazy days were the best time to catching up some things. Last few days were just like those kind of days and she spent them in her New York's apartment, mostly re-watching Grey's Anatomy and playing with cats. Doorbell went on, scrambling through another theme song.

She opened the door and immediately felt familiar lips pressed to her own. Sudden visit surprised her, in particular, that she knew Karlie should be in Rome, sleeping and gaining energy for photoshoot the following day. It was middle of the night on the other side of the globe after all. But somehow her girlfriend was right in front of her, relentlessly trying to making out with her. But why she rang, instead of just walked in like always? She had a spare keys after all.

The kiss was aggressive, something she didn't experienced too often. Karlie closed the door behind herself and not breaking the sweet connection took off her leather jacket. Biting Taylor's lower lip, she took her face between palms and made a step, pushing her down the hall.

On the beginning singer was too confused to do more than following Karlie's orders. When they stopped to catch some air, she took her chance.

'What's...', she didn't even finished her sentence.

'Nothing', murmured Karlie, cutting her off and unbuttoning her girlfriend's shirt.

They both knew it was a lie, but hot breath on her neck kept her from asking next questions. Her back hit one of the wall. Unpleasant pulsation moved along her spine. Grimace of pain flashed through her face, but she didn't care. It would hurt for a while and then quit.

The first time was quick and ferocious.

Every another one was losing on its power and came back Karlie she has known and loved. Subtle, caring and tender. Model was leaving red marks and running her fingers all over her body, drawing invisible lines as though outlining new routes on her skin.

It was still sun on the skyline when they were lying on the bed in the guest room. Taylor was too scared to ask. Or rather she was afraid of the answer she could receive. In Karlie's protective arms, everything what has just happened, seemed to be surreal.

'I'm sorry.'

Words whispered to her ear appeared to be too loud. Why? For what? She turned on her second side, now facing Karlie. Taylor tried to read something from the look on her face or from the emerald depth, but all she saw was repentance and uncertainty. She moved even closer to the blonde, hiding her nose in the hollow at the base of her girlfriend's neck. What the hell happened before Karlie had get to her house?

Karlie stood up and came back to the living room, collecting her clothes. She got dressed and went to the hall where she left the package. She put it there unnoticed, second after she had kissed Taylor. All this day was like a nightmare with bittersweet extras. All her previous life was like that. Was there another possible way? Maybe if she could go back in time... She ripped an ugly brown paper and took the thing. The hardest part was before her.

'Taylor?'

'Yes?', she was turning around, when she froze in the middle of movement. 'What the fuck, Karlie?!', she couldn't hold the curse back.

'I'm sorry, Tay. I'm so sorry.'

'Put it the fuck down! Are you out of your mind?! What's going on?!' Gun barrel pointed on you for sure wasn't adding a courage. Especially when it was holding by your lover.

'I wish I could tell you!', cried taller woman, having glassy eyes. 'I'm an horrible person! I should've told you earlier.' Karlie hardly held her tears back.

'Tell me what?!'

'I'm scared of them. I was scared of losing these beautiful moments which were ahead of us. I was scared of losing you!'

'Why? Who're they?! Please, honey, put it down. I'm sure we can figure it out', Swift took a step, but harsh tone of Karlie's voice stopped her.

'Don't move! I was trying to fix it. I was trying to forget, but they don't forget. They will never forget.'

'Who are they?', repeated Taylor, this time gathered all her willpower to say it calmly.

'I'm really sorry.' She closed her eyes, hard clamped eyelids and slightly turning head to the side. On her face was painted pain mixed with fear. When she again looked at her love, her all world, the tear escaped from her eye and rolled down the cheek. Her quiet sobs was suppressed by the television in the background. 'I don't want it, Taylor. I love you. I will always love you.'

She pulled the trigger.