Chapter Thirteen // Confession

The door slammed shut loudly behind me. Sadie held me close, her hands behind my head and holding my forehead against hers. "I need to know what you're sorry about."

"Everything," I whispered against her lips but never touching them.
"Chase," she pleaded, the pain her voice had me confessing things in a rush.

"I'm sorry for everything, Sadie," I grabbed the back of her neck and tilted her head up so she could look me in the eyes. "I'm sorry that you woke up one day ready to face the future with me by your side, but I stood still not wanting to go with you. I'm sorry that I'm an utter idiot who thought that if I pulled away, you wouldn't love me any more. But then I saw the hurt and anger in your eyes when I did that, and I'm just a fool, Sadie." Tears started to fall from her eyes and I wiped them with my thumbs. "I'm a fool who woke up one day and realized that I'm hopelessly in love with you and it scared me so much and it ruined everything between us." Her breath hitched when I confessed that I loved her because I've never spoken those words to her.

"Chase," she tried, but I shook my head no.

"Fate gave me another chance, and I swear that if you'll have me, I'll fix this. I'll fix us. It's not fair what I did to you, and you shouldn't even forgive me. Let me earn your trust back. Let me show you how much I love you, because that hasn't changed after all these years. I love you Sadie, and I don't think I could ever stop."

I could see the depth of Sadie's soul in her eyes, the never ending twist and turns of her thoughts evident on her face. I could tell she was searching for a sign in my eyes, but whatever sign that was, she found because soon enough she pressed her lips to mine, pulling our bodies flushed together.

I kissed her like she should have been kissed that morning when I woke up and realized I was in love with her. I kissed her with so much tenderness and adoration, she deserved the world and I wanted to give it to her.

She kicked off her shoes as I reached down and picked her up by the waist, her legs automatically wrapping around my waist. I laid her softly on the bed, never breaking our kiss as we settled into the sheets.

I wasn't going to let her go, and I knew that after this night, I had so much to prove to her. Sadie's lips grazed along my jawline bringing me back to the here and now.

When I wake up tomorrow morning with Sadie in my arms, I'm going to do everything I didn't do before, never let her go.