Epilogue

June 5,  2016

"Chase? Ready to put Charlotte to bed?" I walked into the living room and stopped dead in my tracks. There, on the couch, laid Chase with our baby, fast asleep. He just got home from Pocono with the trophy in hand went straight for Charlotte to show her the Eagle on it. She was still too young to travel so I stayed home with her. I only left the room for a moment and here I was, standing in the doorway watching my babies sleep.

Chase must of sensed me because he woke up. "I fell asleep, didn't I?" I just smiled at him and shook my head yes.

"Can't blame you, you did just win a race." I walked over to the couch and snuggled up next to him.

"Yeah, but it's nothing compared to coming home to my girls." He kissed Charlotte on her forehead, her brown eyes popping open slightly before closing and falling back to sleep. He then turned to me, my heart skipping a beat as he slowly leaned in and kissed my lips.

"Think we can go to bed and not wake her up like we did the other night?" Chase gave me that devilish smirk that shot right to my core.

"Guess I'm just too good for you to keep quiet." I rolled my eyes at him as I took Charlotte to her room before Chase pulled me away quickly and threw me onto our bed.

For the record, we woke up Charlotte. Guess Chase is just that good. 

~ The End ~