38. AN ENDING

"SAM?" The sound of the knocking just continued to roam around the room. "Sam, please. You have to get out of there one way or another."

              "Misty, please, I can't," my voice broke, my heart beating too loud. "Leave me alone."

              "Sam, will you eat something at least?" I hear my father's pleading tone.

              Travis has been great. He's never talked about the whole arranged-marriage thing.

              Right now, he's at school and he stopped by before going there and gave me some McDo take outs. When he left, so did Sean, and I've never seen Misty and Brian yet which is the best thing.

              I walk to the kitchen, getting a glass of water. I'm stopped when I see an envelope the dining table. The design of the envelope was absolutely stunning, and the writing looks like someone who made it practiced calligraphy.

              I open the envelope, finding a small letter inside. I read through it.

We cordially invite you to the marriage of Brian Alexander and Misty Green on

              My fingers placed the letter back. They're getting married. They're actually getting married, in such a short time. The door suddenly opened, seeing Brian and Misty come inside, their eyes twinkling and smiling at each other. Then I remember Mom's letter—let go, Sam. She wanted him to be happy.

              They stop as soon as their eyes landed on me and at the letter on my hand.

              Misty started to come towards me, her mouth opening to explain but I held my hand out to stop her and Brian to explain themselves. "I get it," I stated. "You two are in love and marrying each other, I get it."

              "We were going to tell you," Misty explained, her voice going surprisingly low and calm. "It's just we didn't know how."

              "It's okay," I smiled. Misty and Brian's eyes widen at me. "Really, it is okay. I promised someone that I would let go and I'm going to fulfill that promise."

              "Your mother," Brian said, it wasn't a question at all.

              I nodded. "She wanted me to move on from everything that has happened but it's going to take some time. I know that after everything you are sorry, Brian," he nods at me, a sad smile on his face. "But if you were sorry, then you would have told me or shown something that you are sorry.

              "I'm trying to forgive you, Brian," I continued, seeing Misty's and his eyes sink down to the floor, clearly saddened by it. "I'm sorry. I'm not ready to go there yet. I'm just trying to accept right now that the two of you are getting married and by the recent events, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you two will be purchasing a new house. So this is the next step to make it up to me; I want this house to be still here and I'm living here."

              He shakes his head. "That's not what your mother wants."

              "My mother wants me to forgive you, to move on, to let go." I repeated, gesturing around us. "But this house? I'm not letting it go. I'm staying here."

              "Sam—" but he's stopped by Misty, placing her hand on his shoulder.

              "You will be visiting us, correct?" She asked, eyes hopeful. I nod. "Okay, then I guess you can keep this house. Just know that we will be coming by at times to see how you're doing if you're not going to visit."