10. TRUST

I am really trying to update fast because I'm starting college already. Also, you're going to find out some juicy stuff about Sam today!!!

Okay, onto this chapter now!

* * * *

"I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN still handle this!" Mom threw her hands up in the air, tears falling down her cheek.

Dad had greeted us at the living room as soon as we got inside and had a look at me. He lost his shit, as usual, and started screaming at me. He continued to talk about how I wasn't careful enough and how if I wasn't such a loser, I wouldn't be beaten to shit like this. Sean tried to defend me as much as he could; but, we both knew that even if he didn't want to admit it, it wouldn't matter because this gave him another reason to be disappointed at me and he took it.

Of course, because of the yelling, mom had heard and ran downstairs, her thin, bony hands on the railing, balancing herself. When she saw the bruises, sling, and tons of bandages on my face and around my hand, she started crying and walked out on us but not before shouting.

Dad turned to me with a glare. "Great, now see what you did to your mother?" Then, walked back upstairs and followed mom, calling out her name.

Soon, I heard the door open and close with a bang.

Sean walked to the fridge, grabbing a bottled water. "You're going to have to fix this shit tomorrow with mom. You know well enough that she hates seeing you like you've been battered with a meat cleaver."

Ever since I was kid, every bruise and wound I attained from our father's cruelty, she would tear up or burst out cry in front of me while tending to my wounds. She never really heard from me directly that it was from my father, but I knew that she already had known about it a long time ago.

She had a soft, kind heart and no one deserved her. Especially my dad. He has never deserved her ever since from the start. And yet, she still married him and turned her eyes away from the reality that was happening around her.

I guess that's also why she could never really see Sean and I hurt. She sheltered herself around the idea that nothing would go wrong so when it did, she couldn't handle it.

"I'm going to my room and sleep the pain off," I told him.

Soon as I got to my room and closed the door, I went to the window, opening it with my free hand.

I sat down on my bed, waiting for Alex to come and feel him 'unleash his wrath on me' but I ended up having to fall asleep on my back.

After a few hours of good sleep (thank you, sleeping pills!), I was suddenly being shaken awake, a hand on my shoulder. "Sam, wake up, I need to lift up your shirt," he whispered, his breath that smelled of mints fanned on my cheek.

My brows knitted together immediately but I didn't open my eyes, knowing it was Alex. "I'm injured, and you want me to show you what's under my shirt?" There was a slight pause. "Do you want me to kill you?"

"I bought my medical kit, dumbass," he chuckled, pulling my shoulder up. "Come on, I need to take a look to make sure you're not bleeding internally."

I moaned, shaking my head, finally opening my eyes. "Can you just take my word for it when I say that I'm not."

Even his eyes were scolding at me, I could easily tell. He was also definitely mad at me for some reason and I already knew why—because I didn't fight them off when I could. He and I knew that I could have easily taken the three of them easily. Why? The same reason that everything I said about returning the wounds they gave me were merely empty threats.