☠ t w e n t y - f o u r ☠

T w e n t y f o u r

Sam gazed up at the school stage, eyes wide and cheeks flushed with absolute bliss as he watched Felix sway and move to the music he and his band were playing. There was sweat on his brow, sliding down to his neck and making his top stick to him in all the right places, his usually straightened hair curling out from the humidity.

Ellen was grinning at the only audience member in the auditorium, hands wrapped around the mic as she sang her heart out into the empty room, filling every corner. She gave a side eye at Felix, winking and nodding towards the love-sick boy in the front row, a stupid grin on his face and the moon in his eyes. Felix flipped her off in the seconds he had a pause, expertly going back into the rhythm.

Sam hadn't returned since the day he was caught to watch them, maybe sometimes creeped outside the doors to listen without actually going in, too scared and embarrassed since neither Ellen or Felix had brought it up – hell, even the goth crew Sam had managed to hang about with on more than one occasion with Felix never mentioned it – but he knew they still remembered, if Ellen's smirks in his direction were any indication every time their band was mentioned, and he knew for a fact that they had realised just who exactly was the first one to like and save their newest songs on soundcloud.

Having the username skater4lyf wasn't exactly his stealthiest job of a disguise, he realised.

Still, on that particular Wednesday Felix had crowded him at the end of sixth period, hand on the wall beside his head and leaning in way too close, reminding Sam of their first actual encounters, but a lot more problematic, and asked him if he wanted to watch them practice.

"Really?" Sam blinked, Felix's tall shadow across his face as he leaned in.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't mean it, Sam," Felix rolled his eyes. Sam chuckled nervously, refusing to stare at the glint of Felix's snakebites, anywhere but there.

Sam ended up going, obviously. Even if he didn't want to, it was hard to resist anything Felix asked of him. Sam was a mess.

"Enjoy that, snapback?" Ellen called over once they had finished their set and Sam had stopped clapping like a maniac, even causing Vlad to look pleased with himself and he rarely showed any emotion except deep anger. She moved towards the edge of the stage, thick soled boots thudding against the floor. She crouched down before rocking onto her butt, her dress spilling onto the floor.

"That was amazing," Sam gushed, moving towards her until putting out his hand to help her down as she jumped. His eyes lit up and body brimming with energy. "Like, the music is weird." Ellen frowned. "But it's good just..."

"Nah, I get it," she bared her white teeth, straightening out her dress. "You're more interested in whose in the band rather than what they are playing."

Sam went red from head to toe, but didn't deny it, a pleased smile on his lips.

"Ellen," Vlad called over. "Put away your shit!" He indicated to the mic still on its stand.

"V," Ellen put out her hand with attitude," I'm in the middle of a conversation."

"I swear to fuck Ellen, get your ass up here and put that away."

Ellen gave a guttering sound at the back of her throat. "He's the bane of my life."

"Ellen," he warned, looking up from where he was packing up his equipment.

"I'm coming, Jesus," she whipped back, sticking out her tongue. "Sorry I couldn't go more in depth with my teasing of you, Sam dearest."

Sam pursed his lips," no complaints here." Ellen laughed, and sauntered up the steps of the stage towards the mic just as Felix past her, adjusting the case on his shoulder.