☠ s e v e n t e e n ☠

s e v e n t e e n

"Sam!"

Sam turned to the voice, just about to step on his board to start his way home. His heart stopped when he saw who it was striding towards him and he almost toppled over skateboard. He composed himself quickly, face blazing and skip hat askew and he blinked up at Felix.

The Goth was shaking his head, small twitches at the corners of his lips threatening a smile as he approached him. "Mia said you were already on your way home."

"Uh, yeah," Sam answered dumbly, looking down at the board at his feet. "I usually just make my own way home, saves more time, you know?"

Felix looked uncomfortable all of a sudden, face faltering of his amusement. "Oh. Well I just thought... 'cause I live in the same direction..."

"Oh, cool," Sam said but confused to why Felix was telling him this.

Felix stared at him for a moment, his eyes getting narrower the longer he held Sam's gaze. Sam leaned back at the intensity, starting to feel uncomfortable.

"What?" He finally asked when it started to get too much to handle, a pool of heat swirling at his stomach and descending down while his heart yammered in his chest.

Felix gaped at him, half-amused and half-exasperated. "You're an idiot," he declared loudly.

"Excuse me?" Sam blinked, offended.

Felix rolled his eyes and turned to start walking down the road, Sam stared after him, watching his back and the way he swung his arms with attitude before stuffing them in his leather jacket pockets before he turned around with a lopsided smile on his lips. "C'mon," he said with a jerk of his head," you can keep me company."

Startled, Sam gaped at Felix, not believing his ears before he hiked his skateboard more securely under his arm and started walking with long strides towards the waiting boy. "Y-yeah, okay."

Both boys walked side by side in silence. Sam tried to speak, glancing repeatedly at the tall boy beside him and taking everything that he could, feeling as though he would never have another opportunity to drink in Felix's sight without Felix turning on him with a deadly glare. He followed the line of his neck, the prominent bump of his Adam's apple, all the way up and traced his jaw with his eyes up to Felix's lips which Felix was now parting and placing a cigarette between them. Sam took a broken breath as he watched lips wrap around the stick and not letting it fall as his long, slender fingers let go of it to riffle in his pocket and produced a lighter which he brought up to his mouth.

"You don't mind, do you?" Felix suddenly asked, lighter paused mid-way as he spoke through the stick, looking down at Sam. Sam wasn't quick enough to shake himself out of whatever daze Felix had unintentionally done to him, so he probably must have looked completely blank to what Felix had asked him because he smirked and started clicking his beautiful fingers in from of his face obnoxiously, skull ring glinting in the afternoon sun against his black nails. "Sam, you there?"

Sam frowned, cheeks blazing as he mumbled Felix to go ahead. With a small grin Felix light up his cigarette and hollowed his cheeks obscenely as he drew out smoke and blew it out with a crane of his neck. Sam really did fall over his skateboard this time as he had been unapologetically goggling and drinking in the sight.

"Shit," he cursed as he tripped and fell onto his face, his board winding him as it dug into his stomach.

He heard Felix break out in surprised laughter as he danced around Sam's body, almost stepping on him and being surprised as Sam that he had somehow ended up on the ground. "Oh God, are you OK?" Sam rolled over to see Felix looming over him, sun catching the edges of his hair and haloing around his head, a wide smile on his face as if he was trying not to laugh again.

"Fine," Sam managed to croak out, slapping a hand onto his chest – whether this was to try and force out the wind or attempt to calm down his raging heart at the sight of Felix Baldwin under the sun he didn't know.

"Here," Felix's hand was suddenly in front of him, skulls and all, inviting Sam into it. Although he had been thinking it for a while, Sam was so sure Felix was trying to kill him one way or the other. If it wasn't with violence then it was going to be through unexpected kindness. Just as Sam was being able to breathe again, it was took away from him yet again as he slid his hand and grasped into white and slender kind, the cold metal of the ring burning into him like a brand. "You know, for someone that spends most of his time balancing on a piece of wood with four wheels without any struggle, you sure are surprisingly clumsy."

Sam gave out a wheezy laugh that was, if anything, unconvincing. "Ha, yeah." He was still holding Felix's hand even though he was right on his feet again, skateboard left on the ground. He wasn't planning to let go until Felix did, but he didn't seem to notice at all. Instead he looked at Sam, his now cut cigarette behind his ear, as he peered at him like he had before. Sam gaped at him, not letting himself blink as he waited for Felix to say something, gulping. "What?" He finally asked again, lifting his hands to his face self-consciously only to find his cheeks once again burning.

Felix didn't speak for another moment as his eyes searched Sam's face, as if looking for something or trying to make up his mind about something before he put his other hand on top Sam's and patted it before he turned and went to continue walking down the street. "Come with me."

Sam scrabbled after him, snatching up his board as he caught up with Felix. "What? Where?"

Felix looked down at him with a dangerous smile and said," my house."