Chapter 39- Points...Like On A Train Line.

A/N- Only a couple more chapters of this... maybe two or three... :'( Not going to be completely the end though, I love Darcy too much!

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

My hand that gripped the phone shook, the sound of someone's voice saying my name knocked me out of my shaken state and I re-gripped the phone.

"Please, help me." The boy cried from the phone, I looked up at Sherlock with a firm expression and passed the phone over to Lestrade, "Find him, Lestrade. Make sure he's safe, do you hear me?"

Lestrade nodded, wandering away with the phone in hand and speaking clearly into it. "Van Buren Supernova?" I questioned Sherlock.

He just looked back at me with wide eyes, "What?"

"What is it? The Supernova, whatever..." I explained, determined to not let this bomber and my parents' killer get to me. So, intended to try everything to keep my mind firmly off it and focussed on moving on as soon as the man was behind bars.

Sherlock cleared his throat and stood in front of the painting, pointing at one of the dots in the sky, "The Van Buren Supernova, so-called." He held his phone over his shoulder so we could see the screen of information, "Exploding star, only appeared in the sky in eighteen fifty-eight."

He threw Miss Wenceslas a pointed look and I smiled triumphantly, before we both walked away, leaving John behind. "How could it have been painted in the sixteen forties then?" I clarified to Sherlock as we left the room.

Sherlock stopped me in a corridor and I stumbled to a stop in front of him, "What happened?" He asked, rather angrily.

"This man is going to try and abduct me, I think, so that means that the best way to stop him is to solve this case. Hoping that we'll get to him before he gets to me." I explained and he nodded, clearing his throat slightly, I patted him on the shoulder, "Besides, I'm safe with you Sherlock."

I strolled on past him and called back, "Come on genius, we've got a fraudster to interrogate."

--------------------

With my feet tucked up beneath me, I perched on a chair opposite Miss Wenceslas and in front of Lestrade's desk. Sherlock was sat slightly behind us and I stared at Miss Wenceslas threateningly whilst I fiddled absentmindedly with my necklace charm.

"You know, it's interesting. Bohemian stationary, an assassin named after a Prague legend, and you, Miss Wenceslas. This whole case has a distinctly Czech feeling about it. Is that where this leads?" Sherlock mused aloud.

I hummed in agreement, not taking my eyes off Wenceslas as she looked down and didn't answer, "What are we looking at, Inspector?" Sherlock added.

Lestrade pulled a thoughtful look, "Well, urm, criminal conspiracy, fraud, accessory after the fact at the very least. The murder of the old woman, all the people in the flats..."

"I didn't know anything about that! All those things! Please believe me." Miss Wenceslas said, panicked, and stared at Lestrade. Sherlock and I both gave him a nod, to tell him she was telling the truth and she continued, "I just wanted my share- the thirty million."

She looked up at me and sighed, "I found a little old man in Argentina. Genius. I mean, really: brushwork immaculate, could fool anyone."

Sherlock hummed sarcastically and I raised my eyebrows at her, she looked between us briefly, "Well, nearly anyone." Turning her attention back to Lestrade added, "But I didn't know how to go about convincing the world the picture was genuine. It was just an idea- a spark which he blew into a flame."