Chapter 24- Date Crashing and Who Is He Again?

A/N- So this took forever, I think it's because my heart wasn't really into it but one more chapter and we should be into The Great Game and I will hopefully get back on form. Yay!! Sorry in advance for this chapter btw...

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

"I can't believe you're actually taking dating advice from Sherlock of all people, John." I commented as Sherlock finished up on the phone to the theatre and I crossed my arms, shaking my head from where I sat on the sofa.

John huffed and Sherlock re-entered the living room, "Well, that's all sorted. Have a lovely evening John. Remember two seats reserved under my name."

I smirked between Sherlock and John as he adjusted his coat, "Yes. Believe it or not Sherlock Holmes, I'm not an idiot."

"Could've fooled me." I muttered under my breath and John glared down at me so I just smiled cheekily.

"Right, don't wait up." John announced as he stepped out the door and left us to go on his date.

Sherlock was sat in his chair, tossing his phone in his hands and smirking in the direction of the kitchen. I huffed and leant forward, "Okay, what's going on?"

"Chinese circus in town for one night." He stated and stood abruptly before heading into the kitchen, "I need to make another phone call."

At that he left me sat on my own and I lifted my hands up exasperatingly, slumping back in my seat. What was I doing? Being here? With them? I'd been here a while now after permanently leaving the orphanage and no one had questioned anything, whether I was safe, whether I was happy (which I was) or even checked in on me.

I could only imagine that perhaps Mycroft was keeping Mrs Johnson at bay with a number of reassuring tales of my wellbeing or maybe she just didn't care at all. I was going to go more with the latter.

"Get your coat. We're going to the circus." Sherlock announced as he strode back into the living room and donned his own coat.

"What, why?" I questioned and stood to grab my coat from the back of the door, shrugging it onto my shoulders.

Sherlock went to leave before turning back to me, "Think about it, a Chinese circus here for one night only. Think!"

"Okay, okay. Geez." I put my hands up in surrender and followed him as he marched down the stairs.

Chinese Circus. Chinese Symbol. Chinese Smugglers.

"So, this circus they're our smugglers?" I asked him and he nodded curtly, flagging down a taxi.

Sherlock held the door open for me as he go inside the cab and stated, "And the only lead we've got right now. Hop in."

---------------------------------------------------

"No, I don't think so. We only booked two." We heard John tell the ticket office as we headed up the stairs towards where he was.

"And then I phoned back and got two more, one for myself and one for Darcy as well." Sherlock announced as we rounded the corner and stood in front of John to see him sigh exasperatingly.

Sherlock put his hand out to John's date, "I'm Sherlock." Sarah returned the hand shake, albeit nervously and then turned to me.

I smiled and waved slightly, "Darcy, hi. No, I'm not his daughter. I'm an orphan."

She just nodded warily and answered, "Er, hi."

"Hello." Sherlock said in retort and we left the ticket office behind, moving along the corridor.