Chapter 6

I heart you all my lovely fans you guys are the best!! even more read than before GOD I'm still in shock last week I had like no reads and now I have so many so thank you guys this ones for you :) I hope you enjoy.

*****

Colton stood at the bottom of my bed with an expressionless face. His body was still. He felt so distant.

"Colton, why are you standing there?" I levered to a sitting position on my bed. I went to move forward but he moved back. I frowned at him. What was he doing?

"Colton?"

He ignored me, looking down at his hand. Following his gaze, I noticed he held something there. Looking closer, it was my diary. Why did he have my diary?

"What are you doing with my diary, Colton?" I asked him, but yet again he ignored me, pulling the diary up so it was directly in front of his face. He opened the first page, then started reading page after page.

"Colton, don't read that." He continued reading more. "Please," I whispered.

"We could never be together," he mumbled, throwing the dairy away.

I sobbed. Don't say that.

"I don't want you. I would never want you." He spoke out in distaste.

He met my eyes with anger. "I hate you, Ashlyn," he growled.

What? No!

I shook my head in disbelief. "No you don't, Colton." I tried to move closer, reaching for him, but he pushed my hands away.

"Don't touch me."

"You don't hate me!"

"Yes, I do. I never want to see you again."

"Please don't say that," I sobbed, getting up from the bed, but he moved toward the door.

"Get away from me. I hate you." He kept moving further and further away from me. I couldn't move. My body wouldn't let me.

"Colton!" I yelled, but it came out a whisper. He walked out the door.

"No, Colton, come back," I said, but he couldn't hear me. He was gone.

Don't hate me Colton.

"Babe. Ashlyn," a voice called out.

Colton.

"Ashlyn?"

No, Colton, please come back.

"Ashlyn, get up!"

Eyes popping open, I gasped. Chris was by the bed—his bed—standing over me.

"Ashlyn, what the hell? I've been trying to wake you up. You kept moving around, saying no," Chris said. "Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I just need a minute," I mumbled, trying to wake up.

"Bad dream?" he questioned.

I nodded.

"Want to talk about it?"

I shook my head.

"It was about Colton, wasn't it."

I nodded again, sighing. The worst dream ever. I couldn't even call it a dream. The better term was nightmare.

"Here, I'll go get you breakfast," he said, rubbing my back in a soothing way.