Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

    Five years ago a girl from our pack and had discovered her mate was the alpha from Under-bush pack. The alpha there was known for being jealous and having possessive issues- well more than any other alpha. When he found his mate he wouldn’t let her out of his sight. At first Vivian, Rena, and just about every other girl in our pack thought it was cute. But I was friends with Kate and I knew how much she hated being treated like an object. I realized pretty quickly that Fate had doomed Kate to be unhappy. The Alpha from Under-bush wouldn’t allow any guys near his mate, he always had her under his arm; Kate had no say-so. Well one day Kate wanted to visit her old friends and her family. Since Devon-her mate-had a meeting that day he wouldn’t be able to come with her. I don’t know how she persuaded him to let her go, but she did. Kate had spent most of her time with some of her old friends and I had tagged along because I looked up to Kate.

        Well after we had our fun Kate went to see her ex-boyfriend who was also her best friend Jeremiah. They didn’t do anything but talk at the park. He was pushing her on the swing when Devon found her. He was so angry with her. He attacked Jeremiah; and Kate interfered.

    She begged him not to kill Jeremiah. This only made the situation worse. She told him she couldn’t live without Jeremiah; she told him if he killed Jeremiah she’d never speak to him again. Then she did something that topped everything else. She told him she still loved Jeremiah.

    He hit her, and if she wouldn’t have been in her human form it might not have killed her but since she was, it did. He killed Jeremiah too. Then eventually he went crazy from knowing he’d killed his mate that he killed himself.

    "I love you, and I don’t want you to get hurt." I say through via mind link, which couldn’t have been worse than saying I love Cody. Kate wasn’t the brightest cookie on the plate.

    "This little piece of crap couldn't hurt me! You betrayed me!" He cries, and I feel my heart break. I take two more steps toward Ryan.

    "We were just talking. You talk all the time!" I take three more steps until we’re face to face. I want to look and see if Cody is alright but it’ll ruin any chances I have of calming him. My mom never looks back when she’s trying to calm my dad. She shows him she has his full attention.

    "I saw the way he was looking at you!" He looks me in the eyes, and I snuggle my neck in his. When he doesn’t stop me I realize I’m making progress.

    "It’s the same way every other girl looks at you, but you don’t see me ripping their heads off… yet."

He licks my nose. I swing my tail back and forth to let him now I’m happy, just like my mom does.

"You’re mine. Not his." He growls.

I sigh; we’re back to this possessive thing again. I could have sworn the only thing I was to you a day ago was a nuisance. I want to say it, but it’s a time and place for everything and this wasn’t it.

"Cody is just my friend. You’re my mate." I say, but I feel like I’m saying the most cliché thing in the world. It’s like my life is now this bad werewolf romance story. "You’re what matters." I add for safe measures. But I’m not worried about Ryan as much as I’m worried about Cody. Ryan might have been my mate but Cody is my best friend in the whole world and without him I would have a worse fate then Devon the alpha of Under-bush pack. It’s killing me not being able to see him, to know he’s okay. Ryan had pushed him pretty hard and his head had hit a tree. The hit could kill him.

Ryan nodded his head toward a cabin and we walked there. It was the other direction of Cody and it tore my heart to just leave him there. I wanted nothing more than to turn around and wrap my arms around his wolf and whisper how sorry I was, but if he was still alive Ryan would kill him if I even turned around.

How did I go from being a social outcast to having an alpha and my best friend fight over me?

And more importantly, how the heck do I go back?

------------------------------------------------

So what do you think of the cover on the side? I'm thinking of making in my book cover. @Vixenheart made it for me