Chapter Two

Chapter Two

When I woke up I was all alone in the bathroom on the tiled floor. I reached for my phone in my pocket and checked the time. It was 11: 58, I'd been in this restroom for almost six hours. Why hadn't any one taken me to the nurse?I could've been dead. Then I remember almost everyone in this pack wants me dead, though with the enhanced hearing must have alerted them I wasn't dead. As for the humans in this school, well that was just plain mean of them. They had no reason to hate me. But what should I expect? I'm a freak.

I stood up and dust off my pants. "Well Hazel, looks like you're a bigger loser than you thought." I say to myself. I wait until the bell rings to exit the bathroom. I brush my hair and fix my shirt before I head off to lunch. At least I didn't miss that. I haven't eaten since 10 o'clock at night and I was starving. In the lunch room all eyes are on me, but I've learned that if you clear your head you can fool anyone that you don't care.

I get my food and sit at the table with some friends of mine. They all seemed to keep their distance, and it was rather awkward.

"So, Hazel, how was your nap?" Yami asks casually.

"You knew I was in there and you didn't wake me up. You didn't send me to the nurse either." My voice is even, I'm not asking, I'm accusing. I stare at the table as if the answer to my problem lies in the puke colored surface.

"I told them we should've at least moved you! But you looked so cute, plus you're very heavy." Trina says.

I take out an apple and bite into the skin. Why do I consider these people my friends?

"Hey Vivian," Rena says, as Vivian and her entourage walk by. I pull my pink hoodie over my eyes. I refuse to look at my twin, not the one who wears my face so much better than I, who acts so normal, who can full the world with her killer smile. The person who's bonded to me by blood yet betrays me every single day. If I have the same face as her, how come I can't fool the world too?

I take in a deep breath; why not give it a shot?

I pull my hoddie off and I'm in a pink tank top, I pull it down low to show some cleavage.

Rena raises her eyebrow at me. "When did you get boobs?"

I shrug my shoulders and pull my ponytail holder off. Then I do something I never thought I'd do; I put on dark red lipstick I took from Rena's purse and I walked straight up to Alpha Michaels' son. He was hitting on a pretty African-American cheerleader named Miranda with long hair; but it was way longer than it was last week so it was more than likely fake.

"Hey Ryan, what's up?" I say, taking a seat next to him and leaning my elbows up on the table. This is how cool people do it, right?

He looks me up and down raising his eyebrows. "Hey Hazel. Nothing much, The Group and I are going to meet up at Carl's. As always, no humans allowed."

I realize that by "No humans allowed" he means I'm not invited. I learned pretty quick growing up that I was considered a human. The fact that I had yet to change (or transform as some people called it. Shift works too) didn't help my case. Most people doubted that I was in fact an actual werewolf. I was slower than the average slow wolf, uncoordinated, I had slow reflexes, and I didn't always trust my instincts.

"Ooh, that sounds so cool." I say, following my sisters' footsteps and flashing a million dollar smile. "So are pretty girls invited?" I bat my eyelashes, but by the look he gives me I don't think it's' working.

"Yeah, pretty girls are invited, you know, like your sister." I realize then that I'm fighting a losing a battle.

I roll my eyes, and twist locks of my curly hair the way pretty girls do in Disney movies. "Yeah, whatever. So am I invited or what?" I say, adding a twinge of a British accent for good luck.