Chapter five (NO P.O.V.)

Chapter Five (No P.O.V.)

Ryan Greensworth conversed with every female he saw, whether they were pretty or average (Though most were way above average). He hadn't seen Vivian anywhere but he'd been told she was running late or something. He wished she was here now, he couldn't stand the suspense. Lindsay had found her mate who was Harper Pack's Beta. That only left one person that he really wanted to be his mate. What could be more perfect than Vivian?

In his mind popped a picture of a girl much prettier than Vivian with Hazel eyes.

He hated when Hazel's face popped in his head when he asked that.

'What are you getting at?' He asked his wolf, a little aggressively. Sometimes his wolf knew just how to irritate him.

His wolf didn't answer; and Ryan knew that his wolf hadn't brought that image to him. He had. Why couldn't he erase Hazel from his mind? He still couldn't get over the fact that she'd slapped him. But he was no longer angry, just intrigued.

"Hey, guess who I saw in the kitchen?" a pretty blonde named Savana comes up to him, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

Ryan finds himself reeled in, "Who?" he asks, hoping it's Vivian.

"That psychopath chick, she thinks she's your mate!"

Ryan's heart drops, she's not talking about Vivian. "You mean Hazel?" he asks.

"Yeah, the little freak," Savanna makes a face and Ryan can't help but laugh.

"I think her sister took all the sanity from her." Ryan jokes, and Savanna has to control herself before she spits the wine she was drinking on Ryan from laughing so hard.

"Right?" she laughs, "Well good luck finding your mate, dude!" she says as she goes off to flirt with some guys from the Harper pack.

He reaches for a glass of wine off a nearby table but puts it down when he remembers his father telling him alcohol messes with your senses. It makes it even harder to find your mate.

He had the right mind to change into wolf form; his wolf could smell her from a mile away. He knew because he caught her scent earlier when he'd shifted to go for a quick run before everyone showed up. His mom had to force him to wait to the party, and now he couldn't get her scent at all. The wind wasn't any help since it wasn't blowing at all. He hoped that the fact that he couldn't smell his mate was because Vivian was her.

"Honey, why don't you go converse with the girls inside the house," His mother says, coming over to pat his back. "I heard there were some very pretty young ladies cooking in the kitchen."

Ryan knows what's going on. His moms' tight smile and her tense posture are dead give-away signs.

They want to be reassured his mate isn't Hazel. His mom loves Hazel to death, both his parents do, but his pack was a whole different story. And the pack is what matters most.

"Sure mom," Ryan says. He heads into the house and almost everyone follows him. There's a fan blowing in the room, which helps him catch scents better. Just as the fan hits his face he smells it. The sweet smell that sends his wolf into a frenzy. It's light and sweet, and delicate, with a little bit of something else. Its strawberries and fresh peaches with a hint of something bitter like garlic but the sweet delicate smells seemed to fight against the bitter until you had a mix of it all. The smell was coming from the 2nd living room, it's were the Pups play. Ryan took off in that direction, the others following.

He almost tripped over a toddler wobbling toward a girl in a black dress that hugged her figure. Under it were tights with floral pattern designs. He looked up at her face. She hadn't noticed him yet, she was so busy reading the small kids a story.

"The end," she declared closing the book and setting it down on her lap. "Who wants to read the-" she paused, inhaling his scent deeply. She looks up and meets his eyes.

It's Vivian.

It's Vivian! His mate is Vivian! She's up in a flash, and her wolf purrs to his.

A thousand questions run around in his mind.

How come she didn't come see him right away?

Why was she hiding up here?

But he shakes it off. He has the perfect mate; the one that will put his pack back on top like it was before Hazel came.

He embraces her, trying to inhale as much of her sweet scent as possible. He loved fresh peaches and strawberries. The garlic blended in and it made for a whole new unique smell. It proved how special his mate really was.

She even feels like Hazel, Ryan thinks. He shakes it off, Hazel was a nobody, Vivian was the girl the pack wanted.

With Vivian by his side he might even be the guy the prophecy talks about. His pack one day over taking the council and making a new one.

Vivian was perfect. Hazel was just his first love. He could love Vivian, she had a lot of Hazel's traits.

Vivian was made for him, and he couldn't wait to rule the pack with her by his side.

"Why's he hugging Hazel?" Grace interrupts. Ryan wants to shoot his sister a glare, but he's too busy being happy.

"Shh, that's Vivian sweetheart," his mother says to Grace.

"Not true! That's Hazel, she's wearing the ring!" Ace protests.

And there on her finger is a golden ring that says 'Mine'.

_________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think??? I know, there's tons of mistakes. I try to fix all of them and update when I can. I'm trying to finish the story before I update all the chapters I've written. I love this story and I read almost three times a day, hunting for tons of mistakes. I hope you spread the word, and if you want a dedication (cause I love giving those out) all you have to do is comment and I'll chose from there. If you want to know who did my covers just ask. (Its the person I dedicated the first chapter too.)