Chapter 14

Naomi wakes up randomly at about 4 a.m. in Chris' arms. She couldn't help but smile as memories from a few hours ago started to come back to her. Naomi couldn't believe that this had just happened. It felt so amazing, so perfect, so meant to be...

Naomi supposed she should get back to sleep. She and Chris would probably have a lot to talk about in regards to their...situation, in the morning at breakfast. Ooh, breakfast. Now Naomi was hungry. She'd hardly eaten at all over dinner because she was so lost in thought after Chris had confessed to being in love with her.

Naomi looks at Chris next to her, still sound asleep. She slowly begins to creep out of his arms, trying not to wake him. Naomi stands and her knees wobble slightly. She leans on the headboard and tries not to laugh at herself. Chris was definitely good.

Naomi finds Chris' button up shirt on the ground and puts it on, buttoning it up. She quickly grabs a pair of panties from the drawer and slips them on before walking downstairs.

x

"It's four in the morning, Tony. I seriously doubt either of them are awake."

"You gotta keep an eye on them, Ian! The second Naomi wakes up - "

"Wait wait wait! I got movement." Ian says into the phone from inside his car.

"You do?"

"Yup. It's her."

"Well, then what are you waiting for?! Go get her!"

x

Naomi looks in the fridge. There were leftovers from dinner or - ooh! Whipped cream! Naomi takes the lid off and squirts some whipped cream in her mouth.

She feels a pair of arms wrap themselves around her.

Naomi giggles and puts the whipped cream away. She swallows and shuts the fridge.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Naomi asks.

"Nope. I've been up all night."

Naomi's eyes widen. She starts to scream but gets cut of by a hand going over her mouth.

"Make one sound and your so called 'husband' is gonna be sleeping with the fishes, got it?"

Naomi nods.

"Let's talk outside."

Naomi feels something pressed against the back of her head. A gun. Ian slowly removes his hand from Naomi's mouth. Ian was one of Tony's good friends, and Naomi unfortunately knew him all too well.

Ian pushes Naomi to the door. He opens it and they walk outside.

"Tony is not very happy you lied to him." Ian says.

"What are you talking about?"

"We figured it out, Naomi! You're busted! You're done! We all know you and Mister Mascara in there aren't what you said you were. You just said all that shit so you could walk away from our little family and get us shut down. Now that, Naomi, is sad. Why would you do that? So you can rat us all out to the public?"

"No! N-No, no, I-I would never - "

"Sure you wouldn't. You're coming with me so Tony can decide for himself what to do with you. And you may as well kiss your little boyfriend goodbye. He'll be dead by daybreak."

They hear a click from behind them.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

They turn around. Chris stood there, wearing the black T-shirt that he'd been wearing under the button-up shirt that was now on Naomi, the black skinny jeans from before and a pair of Toms.