Chapter 15 : Daddys Issues?

It's been three days. The longest three days of my fucking life I hadn't talked to Zane and I hadn't seen him in school.

20 text messages. Zane actually texted me 20 times oh and called like 10. Each time I would ignore him and brush it off but I was dying to speak to him. I was dying to hear his sweet voice but I couldn't fall for that shit again. My phone rang again and of course it was Zane. I gave up got weak and I answered the phone.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"You haven't been answering my phone calls." He said stating the fucking obvious.

"Or texting you back. I think I know that McKnight." He let out a frustrated noise and I could just picture him running a hand through his hair.

"Look I wanna talk about what happened the other day." He said.

"Well speak."

"In person." He said his voice was edgy and I knew he was losing patience.

"Alright. Come over." I said hanging up the phone. I laid back on my bed waiting for Zane and thinking off all the possible outcomes. I can't trust myself with him because when he's with me I can't think straight. A couple minutes later a knock was at my room door and i yelled for him to come in. He looked so damn sexy. He had on a blue, black, and white plaid button up shirt and denim jeans I mean it wasn't much but he made it looked like model type. His shaggy brown hair was messy and he had light bags under his eyes. I tried to keep my eyes of his but they eventually met and his green eyes held me captive. Thoughts of that day rushed through my mind and anger surged through my body I tore my gaze away and put my walls back up. "Are you just going to stand there?" I asked with a snappy attitude. He slowly walked over and sat on the bed next to me. My breath hitched in my throat when his hand brushed against mine. My heart started beating rapidly in my chest almost bursting through my ribcage and my stomach went crazy with butterflies, dragons, and a whole bunch of zoo animals. "Talk." I ordered trying to ignore my heart and my stomach.

"I'm sorry." He started. Well isn't that sweet that bad boy said he's sorry. Note the fucking sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at this but decided not to comment on it. "Everything I said was a complete lie." I looked in his eyes looking for something but I knew he was speaking in honesty. "I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway. I was just scared shitless." He wasn't the only one scared. "It's just you deserve someone so much better than me, I'm no good for you Nadia and all I want is for you to be happy." Well that was a sappy speech but now it was my turn to talk.

"First off you are so fucking stupid McKnight. Did you ever stop in think about how I actually felt about you? Did you ever think that I was also scared?" I let out a scoff as he just stared at me. "Zane I know your not good for me, but I don't like good boys. And I was actually happy with your dumb ass but you blew me off like I meant shit to you." Tears started to well in my eyes and my vision became blurry. I wasn't going to cry over him. Not now. Not ever. "You hurt me Zane. You were one of the few people I actually trusted and you gave me the biggest reason not to." I said my voice breaking slightly. "You don't even care." I whispered trying not to cry, trying not to breakdown. I was mentally shouting he wasn't worth it but the thing is he was totally fucking worth it. Tired of looking at him I directed my attention to the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Zane carefully placed a hand on my chin and forced me to look at him.

"I do care Nadia. I care so much that it scares me." He said. He moved his hand but I continued looking in his eyes.

"If you care so fucking much then why in the hell did you leave me?" I asked my voice shaking slightly.

"Because I thought I didn't deserve you. I thought that once you knew how much of a fuck up I am that you would leave me and you wouldn't like my sorry ass anymore." He said still looking at me, he was being completely honest with me but I couldn't give in. Then he took my hand carefully and placed it on his chest and his heart was beating as fast as mine maybe faster. "Only for you babe." He smiled and I returned the smile remembering when he first did that. Then he leaned in and gave me a slow and sweet kiss. To quickly he pulled away and got up grabbing my hand. "I want you to meet someone." He smiled and dragged me out to the motorcycle.

We were at a hospital. Why? I have no idea. We continued walking until we got to a room Zane had looked nervous the whole time and I was just confused as hell. He opened the door and I saw the most beautiful little girl, she looked like the adorable and younger version of Zane with her forest green eyes and short brown hair that matched Zane's. When she saw Zane her face lit up and she gave him the biggest smile. He walked up to the girl and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Hey Court." He said kissing her forehead. That was Courtney? I was jealous of his sister.

"Who's that?" She asked pointing towards me, I slowly made my way over and flushed against Zane's side.

"This is Nadia, my girlfriend." He said with a smile.

"Hey Nadia I'm Courtney Zane's sister." She replied in a adorable voice. She took her hand out and I shook it with a smile.

"How you been doing Princess?" Zane asked holding his sister's hand.

"Good. Daddy came by to see me earlier." She replied. I saw Zane visibly stiffen but he put on a smile for his sister anyway. I sat down on the uncomfortable chair and watched as Zane interacted with the little girl. The nurse came in and said it was Courtney's feeding time and Me and Zane left.

"She's beautiful." I said to him as we were holding hands walking out of the hospital.

"I know, she's so happy even with everything's she going through." He smiled thinking of her.

"What's exactly wrong with her?" I asked curious I mean I had guesses but I didn't want to assume I was right.

"She has leukemia ." He said his voice filled with pain, i gave his a reassuring squeeze and he looked at with a half smile.

A few minutes later we were back at my house sitting in my room with music playing lowly. I decided to ask the question that's been bugging me since the hospital.

"Daddy issues?" I asked curious as to why he went stiff whenever someone mentions him.

"Well he's not my biggest fan but the feelings mutual." He replied with a shrug.

"I know the feeling." I muttered.

"How come you never told me about your family?" He asked.

"Only if you tell me about yours." I said.

"Deal." I let out a sigh, i really hated my parents with a passion.

"My daddy used to cheat on my mom alot and he used to beat on my sister." I started with a shrug. "Well she was my God sister but same difference anyway when I was 13 he left me, my mom and sister. My mom got on drugs but after rehab she became a lawyer blah blah blah." I finished off.

"What happened to your sister?" He asked suddenly.

"I don't know." I whispered. I remembered the day she left and my heart started to break all over again. "She just left not even a goodbye." I said tears in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away I really missed India. "Anyways tell me about your dad." I said clearing my throat.

"Well my dad hates me and I hate him the same." He shrugged.

"Gonna tell me why?" I asked hopeful.

"Nah, it's to much drama." He said with a half smile. I muttered whatever before giving him a tight hug.

*^_^*

The last bell rung signaling school was over for summer and I let out a happy mini scream before running out of Mrs.Pattersons boring ass math class. I walked straight out until I was at the front of the school meeting up with Andy,Jo and Zane and the gang.

Okay filler. Me and Jo had been talking more after she broke up with Reena. Andy didn't really mind her being part of the crew again so we welcomed her with open arms. She wasn't sick anymore and she actually gained weight and she looked nice again. Her skin was a healthier color and her clothes fitted right.

"Back to my place?" I asked everyone. They all nodded and me, Andy and Jo got in my car while the boys got on their bikes.

"Who's throwing a party tonight?" I asked curious. Every year at the end someone would throw a kick ass party as a kick off summer type thing.

"No one knows who's throwing it but it's at the beach." Andy said with a smile. Nice a beach party!

"Woooo! Summer bitches!" I yelled throwing my hands up.