Chapter 28- Owen

Chapter 28- Owen

I turned in my bed as a small whimper played over and over again. That whimper began to turn into a cry then a scream. I sat up to see Charlie screaming bloody murder in his bed.

"Charlie" I said hopping down from my bed. Zilla and Orion joined me to.

"No! No! Get away from me" Charlie screamed as he tossed and turned in his bed.

"Charlie! Wake up!" Orion said wiggling Charlie.

"No!" Charlie shot up and hit his head on Zilla's bunk. He let out a sob and rubbed his head. "Ow." "Charlie, are you okay?" Zilla asked. Charlie shrugged.

"Is it about you know who" I asked.

Orion told me about what Charlie told him yesterday. I was starting to worry about him. Could The Witch Doctor really find him?

Charlie nodded and gripped Thorny who look startled that he woke up so fast.

"Who? What are you guys even talking about?" Zilla questioned.

Charlie sank down in his covers as we all looked at him.

"Your choice, Charlie. You can tell her if you want" Orion said.

"You tell her for me" Charlie squeaked.

Zilla looked at us as we began to explain everything.

"Charlie is a black magician, Zilla" I said. Her mouth dropped. "And he's not just a black magician" I added. Zilla gave us a shocked look.

"Look, Zilla what we're about to tell you is top secret. You can't scream or freak out, okay? Charlie is still Charlie" Orion said putting his hand on her shoulder. "Charlie is a Death Fire Demon." Zilla's eyes rolled back as she fainted.

"She took that better than I thought" I admitted.

Orion helped her up as she started to freak out.

"No way. You lying. He can't really be-."

"I told you not to freak out. What part of that did you not understand?" Orion snapped.

"Please don't be scared, Zilla" Charlie mumbled. Zilla paused at looked at his innocent face. "I'm not really dangerous" he added.

Zilla sighed and said, "sorry for freaking out. I promise I won't tell. It's just so weird that a kid like you could be a demon." We stood there in silence before Zilla said, "wanna go see Fruit Snack?" Charlie looked up and shrugged. "He probably could use some company" Zilla smiled while pulling out her portal key from her pajama pocket.

She walked over to the door and slid the key into the lock and turned it. Charlie climbed out of his bed, still gripping Thorny, as we walked over to the door. Zilla opened the door and walked into what looked like an attic.

It was a large room where the ceiling came to a point. In the corner of the room was a large pile of blankets. I was guessing Fruit Snack was somewhere under there. Zilla smiled then walked over to the blankets and stuck her head in them.

"Fruit Snack! Where are you-."

"FRUIT SNACK IS TIRED! FRUIT SNACK WANTS ZILLA TO BE QUIET!" A voice screamed from under the blankets. Zilla sat back and frowned.

"Someone's is grumpy."

"Well it is four in the morning" I stated.

Fruit Snacks head popped out from under the blankets with a angry and tired look on his face. "What does Zilla want?"

"We came to visit you" Zilla replied.

"At night?" Fruit Snack frowned. "Come back tomorrow. Fruit Snack isn't available right now. Please leave a message after the yawn. Yawn!"

Fruit Snack climbed back under his blanket fortress leaving us in an awkward daze. Charlie yawned too and climbed in the blankets with Fruit Snack.

"I'm tired too" he mumbled.

A moment of silence passed before Fruit Snack said, "What is Charlie doing in Fruit Snacks cave! This is Fruit Snacks cave, and Fruit Snacks only!"

We turned to Zilla who gave us a weak smile.

"He calls that his cave."

Fruit Snack climbed out of his "cave" and stomped his foot on the ground.

"Can Zilla go? Fruit Snack is tired. Fruit Snack wants sleep? Fruit Snack can't sleep with Charlie on Fruit Snacks tail!"

Zilla squealed and hugged Fruit Snack.

"Your just so adorable when your grumpy!" Zilla pushed Fruit Snack into his blankets then jumped in with him. I shrugged and joined them with Orion.

After a lot of arguing and fighting we were all bundled together in blankets.

"There we go. See? Now we're all warm" Zilla smiled. Fruit Snack just sat there frowning.

I sighed and leaned back.

"Things sure have be crazy, haven't they? First Will goes missing. Then everyone almost figured out that Charlie is a black magician. What next?"

Orion chuckled then he started to laugh.

"Just think, us two were totally normal kids who got picked on. Now we're real magical magicians!"

I laughed with him.

"Yeah. And in one month we figure out that Wills a demon, Rose is cursed, our uncle was dead, but now is alive and that our parents were famous. Wow."

"Wills a demon" Zilla gasped.

"Yeah. The big story should be in the papers. He caused a big fiasco at the towns Halloween ball. It was kinda cool actually" Orion explained.

I frowned and shifted in my spot.

"Do you think Rose is going to be alright? Ya, know. With Will?"

Orion shrugged.

"It depends on if we find him first. I'm pretty sure he knows if he hurts Rose I'll be waiting to pummel him. So lets all hope he's got brains in that skull of his."

I nodded in agreement. If this guy hurts Rose or gets her upset, I'm having Lunar fry him to the bone.

I smiled and said, "I think Rose can handle him without us. She's a tough girl. I mean, she can pin a bull to the ground in five seconds flat."

"You got that right. She's a warrior. Nothing can hold her down" Orion agreed. "Nothing." Everything the past mouth had changed. Our lives, talents, even the people we trust the most has changed. We've fought battles between good and bad. But yet do we know the war has just began.

To be continued.....

--------------COMING SOON- BOOK 2- RISE OF THE SHADOW MASTER------------------

I want to thank all my readers for supporting me with this book. Without you this couldn't be possible! Thanks a lot and stay tune for more Magicians!