The Magicians

Note: this is the draft of the now current web novel Magicians. The new version is up on Wattpad and has its own tumblr site. Check it out at www.magicianswebnovel.tumblr.com

Chapter 1- Rose

From the first day I met Will I knew he was strange. Just not this strange. My brothers were hinting me ever since the strange glowing from his apartment happened. He lives across the street from us, so my brothers got front row seats at the magic. Then again I never believed in a magic since I was eight. It was so hard to wrap my mind around the concept of magic and this whole other world full of it. That was the Reality State doing its work. Stupid magic concepts. And then there was all the secrets Will hid from me. That just made things worse. Let me start from the beginning though.

"Move your fat face, Owen. I can't see" Orion snapped as they sat by the window starring at the Flat across the small, cobblestone ally.

"Do you think he secretly stores fireworks?" Owen said pushing his face again the window. Different color flashes reflected through the windows of the apartment.

"If he were his house would have exploded already" Orion huffed while pushing Owen off the window seat.

"Hey!" He said rubbing his walnut colored hair. Just then there was a click at the front door and it swung open letting in a cool October breeze.

"You bros home" I called while slamming the door shut.

"In here!" The both said together. I walked into the front room seeing Owen on the ground while Orion glaring out the window.

"Please tell me your not spying on Will again" I sighed. "It's creepy that my little brothers are stalking my boyfriend."

"Look at this! There colored light coming from inside his house" Orion said motioning me towards him. I rolled my eyes and sat next to Orion, peering out the window.

"I see nothing."

"What! Your telling me you don't see the crazy light flashes" Orion gawked.

"I'm telling you, I don't see anything!" I replied. Owen scrambled over to us and looked out the window.

"Right then! See!" He pointed at Wills Flat.

"I don't see anything, guys. Come on. Lets get ready for bed" I said lifting Owen up onto my back. He was surprising light for an eleven year old. Orion is a year older than him and I am four years older than him. It's your turn to do the math.

"Come on, lets get you two ready for bed" I said carrying Owen up the stairs with Orion following. My shoes clacked again the hard, wood floor as I walked down the hallway to their bedrooms. I opened the door and walked over to Owens bed and sat him down. Orion pulled off his shirt and opened his dresser to find some pajamas.

"I'll be back to say goodnight. You better be in bed. Got it?" I said looking my little brothers in their sky blue eyes. They both nodded and continued to get ready for bed. I winked at them and left their room while closing the door behind them. Slowly I turn to the door across the hall and opened it.

"You ever going to come out of this hazard zone" I sighed while leaning against the door frame. My uncle Rogburt looked up from the stack of books on his ancient desk and smiled. His face was stern with lines under his crystal blue eyes. He looked so much like his brother. My dad. Rogburt took off the square frame glasses on his nose and said, "you know I'm busy right now." I frowned.

"Your always busy. I've never seen you out of this room for more than ten minutes."

"I guess I get caught up in my work sometimes" he said closing a large book. "So are the boys in bed?"