Chapter 11- Orion

Chapter 11- Orion

School was going smoothly for the first two weeks. I got caught up with the level of magic I was suppose to be on. Owen did too. We worked extra hard with the help of Zilla and Charlie. They surprisingly were very helpful and smart with magic. Everything went well until the third Thursday of the month. Charlie, Owen and I were walking to our dorm room carrying stacks of books when we heard a loud bang.

"What was that!" Owen gasped.

I shrugged. "It sounded like its coming from our room though." We quickly ran to our room, bursting through the door to see Zilla on her knees and hands. She seemed to be looking for something under mine and Owens bed.

"Uh, Zilla? Is something in wrong?" I asked.

She jumped up at the sound of us and gave a weak smile. "What! Pf! No! Hey, why don't you guys go to the library or go get some soda?"

Something was up. And whatever it was, it happened to be under my bed. I didn't want to wait for an explanation. So I just marched straight up to Zilla, carefully moved her aside, and looked under my bed. I saw just pitch blackness until two, yellow eyes appeared. I yelped as the object bursted out from under the bed, onto Zilla's bed, huddling in the corner. As soon as I calmed down I got a good look at the object. It was a boy, right around Owens age. He had messy, brown hair and pointy ears. The boy also was covered up with a large, fuzzy blanket, hiding most of his body.

Zilla started to freak out, trying to calm the boy down."Hey! Hey. It's fine. Their friends. They won't hurt you." The kid glanced around the room very quickly trying to comprehend on what was going on.

"Who is this, Zilla? And why was he under my bed?" I asked. Zilla ignored my question and kept calming the kid down. Just then, I noticed something under the blanket with the boy. It was... It was a tail. I walked over to the kid and snatched the blanket off of him, which was probably mean of me. The kid gave a large cry and curled up. Mine, Charlie and Owens jaws dropped to the ground. The boy had large, green dragon wings and instead for fingers and toes, he had claws.

"Orion! Why would you do that!" Zilla snapped. I didn't answer. I just stood their in shock.

"You- you have a dragum!" I gasped. In our history and creation of creature class's we learned about what a Dragum is. Their half human, half dragon. At the beginning of their existence they acted like a normal dragon would. Then people started to train them to act normal and civilized. Although, some dragums were missed, and began to create thousands of untamed dragums. To identify if their tamed or not, the tame ones would wear a collar of some kind on their body. And by the looks of this kid, he didn't have one. I looked at Owen who was thinking the same as me.

"What the crap, Zilla! You have an untamed Dragum! Are you trying to summon the magical swat team or something!" Owen shouted. Okay, maybe we weren't thinking the exact same thing.

"He's not completely untamed. I've been teaching him" Zilla replied. I looked at the kid who had wrapped his wings around him.

"What's his name?" I asked.

Zilla smiled and puffed out her chest. "Fruit Snack!"

Charlie, Owen and I frowned.

I sighed and said, "you named him... Fruit Snack?"

Zilla nodded. "You know why? Because he likes fruit snacks! He just adores them and gobbles them all up."

I looked back at kid who seemed a little interested in our conversation because we said "fruit snack".

"He's super nice. And he's really shy. But whatever you do, don't day B-A-T-H" Zilla warned.

Owen paused and said, "you mean bath?"