Chapter 19- Orion

Chapter 19- Orion

I will never forgive myself for hurting Owen. Never in my entire life. And I will also never forgive myself for letting a demon posses me so easily. Seriously, what was I thinking? It was a rainy Sunday when it all went down. Charlie, Owen and I were sitting in the living room playing cards when Will passed by. He paused and glanced at me then continued to walk. This guy has been giving me strange looks all week, and it was starting to get me suspicious.

I peeked above my cards at Will who was scanning for something to eat in the fridge.

"Orion, it's your turn" Owen said.

I snapped out of my trance and laid a card down on the table. "Why would you lay a seven" Owen snapped.

I frowned and looked at him.

"That is a one."

Owen squinted down at the card.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. It's a one" Charlie added.

"Owen, you've been reading stuff wrong for weeks now. Don't you think we should get your eyes checked" I explained.

Owen sighed and laid back.

"I don't know."

Will walked over to us with a soda in hand.

"You can't see, huh? Well I'm sure some glasses will fix that right up."

"I can't afford glasses" Owen snapped.

Will laughed as if that were some joke.

"Here. Let me help."

He sat his soda on the table and snapped his fingers. A pair of black, square frame glasses appeared in his hands. "Try these on for size" Will said putting the glasses on Owens face.

Owen blinked a couple times and smiled.

"Wow. I can see perfect. Thanks, Will."

Will winked at Owen and picked up his soda.

"No prob. Hey, any of you see Rose around?"

"She's probably in the library practice magic. You should have see her after you fixed the curse. She was a magic maniac" I explained. "And that's a new for her."

Will chuckled and said, "she is pretty happy now. Well, I'll go find her."

He left the room, leaving us alone.

"Do these glasses look good on me" Owen asked shyly.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"Cool as ever, bro."

Owen smiled and laid down a card.

About twenty minutes passed before Will and Rose came down stairs and joined us for another card game. We were all acting like family. Happy, relaxed, and comfortable. That didn't last too long though.

Will was giving me one of those strange looks again.

I sighed and finally said, "Will, is there something wrong? You've been giving me weird looks all week."

Will shrugged and laid down a card on the coffee table.

"I don't know how to explain it. Something feels creepy about you. I didn't mean to startle you. Its just... I feel like theres someone else in this room besides us."

"Barth is here" Charlie smiled.

"Yep. I'm here all day and night" Barth said above us.

"No. I feel someone else's presences. Someone who shouldn't be here."