Chapter 12- Owen

Chapter 12- Owen

"Come, Fruit Snack. Please eat your vegetables" I begged while shoving a plate of carrots, peas, and other vegetables I don't know the name of, at him.

He frowned and shook his head side to side.

"No! No! Fruit Snack doesn't like weird food!"

And he's calling mortal food weird. Has he seen what Will eats?

"Look, if you eat all your food I will give you some fruit snacks, deal" I sighed.

Fruit Snack frowned and folded his arms.

"Fruit Snack wants two bags!"

"Fine" I groaned.

He smiled and gobbled up his food.

The Saturday air blew into the room from the open window as I watched him eat. Zilla was in the bathroom getting ready for the day while Orion was still asleep. Seriously, this kid can sleep. It was almost noon, and he hasn't even opened his eyes. And Charlie was sitting on the floor coloring with crayons while Thorny watched. So, pretty usual stuff for us. When Fruit Snack finished his food he frowned in distaste and looked at me. I sighed and reached my hand inside and pocket and pulled out two packets of Fruit Snacks. He smiled and bounced up and down.

"Fruit snacks! Fruit snacks! Fruit Snack like fruit snacks!" He snatched the treat from me and ripped the package up.

"Wow, you really love your fruit snacks, don't you?" I smiled.

He nodded with a mouth full of fruit snacks. Just then our room door opened, letting Zilla in. Her hair, no sorry, her snakes were up in a ponytail today. I could tell the snakes seemed annoyed. Zilla was wearing a green tank and black skinny jeans with some high tops. "Well, I'm ready. Did you feed Fruit Snack?" asked Zilla.

I nodded and glanced at Fruit Snack who was still bouncing up and down.

She smiled and walked over to us.

"He's a good kid."

Zilla patted Fruit Snack on the head. Then she turned over to Orion and screamed, "GET UP YOU LAZY BUTT! IT'S TIME TO GO!" Orion jumped up so quick he but his head on the top bed and fell onto Fruit Snack.

"Ack! Fruit Snack doesn't like being squished!" he screamed.

Orion stood up and groaned.

"Geez, you don't have to yell."

Zilla frowned and folded her arms.

"Would you rather have me turn you into stone?"

"No! No! Screaming is fine" Orion stuttered.

Zilla smiled and sat down next to Fruit Snack.

"I really hope your uncle will allow Fruit Snack to live there. I really don't want to have to give him away."

Fruit Snack sat up and wrapped his fuzzy blanket around him then rocked back and forth smiling.

"I hope so too. I do have one question though. Why does a Fruit Snack act like a freaking kid? He carries that blanket and his teddy bear everywhere with him" Orion asked.

Zilla glared at him.

"Is that a problem?"

"No!" Orion gulped.

Zilla sighed and looked at Fruit Snack.

"He's just a baby, Orion-."

"A baby! He's looks like a freaking ten year old!" Orion gawked.