Chqpter 18- Will

Chapter 18- Will

This is the chapter of my special paper bag. Yes, thats right. My special paper bag. It all began when we got the letter. Yes, thats right. The letter.
It was Friday when Rose and I sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast when Barth shouted, "mails here!"
A stack of letters fell from the ceiling onto my head.
Rose and Barth giggled as I grabbed the mail.
"You just enjoy watching my world burn, don't you Barth?"
He chuckled and said, "pretty much."
I rolled my eyes and started to flip through the mail. One particular letter caught my eye though. I opened the back, pulling out a cream colored paper. As I scanned over the message I began to smile.
"Looks like the towns Halloween Ball is coming up."
Rose smiled and clapped her hands together.
"A ball! Awesome! Are we going?"
I shook my head.
"Na. There will be people watching me. That won't be good. If I get captured-."
"Go to the ball, Will. It will be fun. You'll be fine" my uncle said walking down the stairs.
I frowned and asked, "have been there the whole time?"
He just winked at me and headed towards the fridge. Theres some uncle Caesar for you. Always being sneaky.
"You could wear a mask, Will. Then nobody will be able to see your face" Rose added.
I shrugged.
"I guess so."
"You should also take the boys too. They could enjoy it" my uncle said pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"Fine! We'll all go" I sighed.
Rose smiled and pumped her fists in the air.
"Yippee!"
My uncle smiled and sat down at the table with us.
"You should go get the boys after school and do a little costume shopping."
I wasn't sure if that was such a good idea. Last time we took them out, The Witch Doctor attacked. And on Monday Raven and her friend attacked me. I was beginning to wonder how they could find me so easy. I've made sure no one was able to track my spirit presence. And what Raven said out a man. That was like what The Witch Doctor said about a woman. Is it possible The Witch Doctor and Raven are somehow connected? To add to the topic, couple days ago at breakfast when I sat down, Orion presence was... abnormal. Not magician like at all. Almost like a demon. But as much as I think about it the more ridiculous it gets. Orion isn't a demon.
"That could be fun. Come on, Will" Rose begged.
I sighed and wiggled my thumbs together.
"Fine."
Rose smirked and kissed my on the head.
"Awesome."
After breakfast Rose and I got ready for the day once again.
It was around three o'clock when we decided to head to the school to pick up the boys. I transported Rose and I to the main hallway of the school, were young students scampered around trying to get to the places they need.
"Lets head to their dorm" I said heading towards the tower of stairs. Rose followed behind me while examining the breath taking decor. As we got to the top of the stairs a voice stopped us. "Master Wiiillllll!"
Charlie came flying toward like some happy unicorn chasing a butterfly.
"Ack" I screamed as Charlie jumped on top of me. He threw his tiny little hands around my neck and smiled the biggest grin I ever saw.
"Master Will! I got an A on my test!"
I smiled and put him down.
"Great job, Charlie!"
He giggled and turned to Rose, holding up his test.
"Look, Rose! Look!" Rose bent down and smiled at Charlie.
"I'm so proud of you!"
Owen and Orion walked up behind us with smiles on their faces.
"Hey guys! What are you doing here" Orion asked.
Rose stood up and said, "we came to get you, of course! We're all going to the towns Halloween Ball, so we're going to go costume shopping."
Owen frowned and folded his arms.
"Is that even appropriate in the magic realm? Creatures dressing up as other creatures?"
I laughed and said, "no, no. You got the wrong idea. We dress up fancy like. Girls in pretty dresses, and guys in elegant suites. It is a ball. And Halloween is celebrated with great manners in the magic realm. Mortals can sometimes go a little over board when it comes to Halloween."
"Great. I get to spend a holiday in a suite" Orion huffed.
I chuckled and followed the boys to their dorm. They dropped off their stuff then we headed for the town shops. I made sure to choose a location away from we're Raven attacked us. She still might be hanging around there.
As we walked down the cobblestone streets, window shopping for costumes a couple of familiar faces appeared in front of us.
"Rose!" A voice squeaked.
Lily came running up to us almost how Charlie did to me. She twirled around Rose causing her lavender dress the swish around.
"I'm here too" I remarked.
Lily shot me a mad look then stuck her tongue at me. I frowned and stuck my tongue back at her. "Hey, buddy!" Another voice said. Cole walked up to us and patted Orion on the back by accident. "Will, buddy! How's it going? You seem a little small today."
I sighed and turned to Cole. "I'm over here."
Cole blushed and turned to me and touched my shoulder.
"Will, buddy! How's it going?"
I laughed and said, "fine. You?"
"Never better. Lily gave me these enchanted sunglasses so I won't burn up in the sun. Neat, huh?" Cole said tapping a pair of dark sunglasses he wore
. I was wondering why he wasn't a pile of ash by now. Cole smiled and folded his arms.
"Guess who else is with us?"
"Who" I asked.
"Crow! We got him to come shopping with us!" Cole replied.
I gasped. "Seriously? You got him out of that dusty mansion he calls home?"
Cole nodded.
"Impressed?"
"Very. We is he?"
Just then the air around me cooled.
"I'm right here" a voice croaked.
Cole and I screamed and stumbled forward.
Crow stood there, showing no emotion like always.
His grey hair fell over his face and his colorless eyes with dark circles under them starred at us. He wore his usual outfit. A long, grey trench coat with a grey vest and a skull bolo tie. He also wore grey skinny jeans and a pocket watch.
"Hello" he said using no tone at all. That's pretty much how he talked. No voice, no emotion. "Who's he" Owen asked.
I gulped and stepped forward.
"Rose, Owen, Orion, Charlie, this is Crow. He's a good friend of mine."
He nodded and said, "pleasure to meet you."
Rose looked like she seen a ghost. I wouldn't blame her. Crow is a little... creepy. But when you get to know him he can be a great guy.
"Crow! What's up with you sneaking up on people" Cole frowned.
Crow shrugged and said, "I was just standing there silently."
Meko, Lilly's familiar walked past Crow, over to Lily.
"Are you guys shopping for costumes too" Charlie asked.
Lily nodded.
"I'm so excited for the ball. It's going to be amazing!"
Rose nodded in agreement. "Well then lets shop together!" Lily smiled while dragging Rose ahead of us. I laughed as the rest of us followed.
"Is she your girlfriend" Crow asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah. Speaking of girlfriends, your sister attacked Rose and I the other day."
Crow frowned a deeper frown.
"Well that's no big surprise. She's obsessed with capturing you."
Raven is Crows older sister. And he hates that.
We followed the girls into a large clothing store and browsed racks of outfits. It looked like we were all having fun spending time together. I was glad that we all could spend time together and be glad about it.
We were at our fifth store when Crow whispered something to me.
We were examine a shelf of hats when he said, "so my sister was after you. Did she have a friend?" I nodded.
He grunted and clenched his fists.
"Just what I thought."
I looked at him.
"Why? What about it?"
Crow glanced around then said, "I don't know much about the secret society she's in, but they plan on capturing you as soon as possible. Their up to something that's going to destroy the Light Society."
I bit my lower lip in worry.
"If they caught me I won't help them. You have my word on that."
"Then their just going to turn you of the Light Society's stealth force. You know what happens then" Crow added.
I nodded.
They Light Society is basically the government of all the good citizens. Everyone else is under the Black Magic Counsel. So the case here is if I go with the Raven and her secret society and the Black Magic Counsel I will be used for evil that will take over the magic realm. Or if I go with he Light Society I will be ether hanged, be headed or burned for being a descendant of Satin. So right now I'm a wanted everywhere except the mortal realm. Why does the world hate me so much?
Just as I picked up a hat off the shelf a voice startled me.
"Will!" I turned around and frowned. My uncle marched up to me looking as happy as ever. "What are you doing here" I asked.
My uncle smiled and said, "I thought I should get out of the house for a change. Maybe get some fresh air. So hows your shopping coming along?"
I shrugged and put the hat back on the shelf. "Well I guess I will join you then" my uncle smiled.
I groaned and muttered something under my breath. So my uncle joined the party. Wo ho.
We shopped for about another half an hour before things started to go hard on us.
We were walking down an abandoned street talking to each other before Rose screamed. She pointed in front of us. Sure enough, there was Raven, Vega and three boys I've never seen before. They all were identical. Black hair, purple eyes and black clothes.
"Raven" Crow hissed.
Raven frowned and folded her arms.
"What the devil are you doing here?"
Crow didn't answer. He just glared at her.
"Will, get out of here. I'll hold them back" my uncle said stepping forward.
"We will too. Just go" Lily said pulling out her wand. Rose, Crow and Cole joined in.
"I don't know what we're doing, but we'll help" Orion and Owen said.
Charlie nodded as well. Even Meko joined in. I nodded and ran away from the chaos.
I couldn't believe all my friends were standing up for me. I wish I could go back and help, but if they caught me that wouldn't be good.
Before I had time to even run a yard the triplets appeared in front of me and kicked me back. I hit the ground and spat out some dirt. I summoned my sword and slashed at the boys. It looked my attacks weren't doing anything though. Owen and Orion summoned their weapons and charged at the boys. Just before Charlie summoned his weapon, I yelled, "Charlie, don't! You know what will happen if you do!"
He paused and nodded his head. "Sorry, Will."
I jumped up and kicked one of the boys down and slashed at another.
Vega was easy out numbered when it came to using her magic hair. No matter how many people she tied up, someone would have an advantage to attack. Soon we had Vega, and the triplets defeated. They laid on the ground, exhausted, as Raven battled against her brother. Even though Crow isn't a magician, he does carry around a weapon. Two, silver daggers. I think it suits him best. And Raven, well she just uses sheer force. Honestly, I'm impressed by her. She can fight wearing the tight, long dress.
I cursed and charged at Raven, holding my sword up.
She glanced at me and grinned.
Raven ducked my attack and kicked me. I stumbled forward as she vaporized in black smoke. Yep. She can do that.
"Will! Watch out" Lily screamed.
Just as I stood up the black smoke plunged into my back and came back out of my chest. I felt as if my whole world was freezing in black ice. Everything felt so cold. So hopeless. So empty. My last glance before I hit the ground was Rose, standing there with her hands out as ice spread across the ground. Her hair turned Snow White and her skin was very pale. Rose, why? I thought. Why did you use magic? Your cursed. You can't do anything but freeze others and yourself. Rose, why? I hit the ground as darkness circled around me. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. As if this were an important moment in my life. I highly doubt it though. My cape fell over my face and my top hat rolled away from me. The sword I held dropped with a clank as I gave out a gasping breath.
What's happening to me, I said inside my head. This feeling. I haven't had it for a while. The feeling makes me feel lonely, sad, depressed. I could hear muffled screams above me. They shouted my name. My name. What is it again? Why can't I remember? I must be in shock, that its. "Will" a voice yelled.
That's my name. And that sounds like my uncle.
Rose ran towards me, but my uncle grabbed her and pulled her away.
"Don't touch him. Raven did a inner awakening spell on him. He might not be the same."
Rose frowned and said, "what do you mean not the same! He's hurt and I have to go help him." "No. Don't. It's his demon. That's what was awakened" Crow said.
Rose gulped.
"Is that bad?"
Crow shrugged.
"It's not the worse. In this form he's rather depressing though."
I groaned and touched the cold ground.
I think I'm alive, I said to myself. But, why do I feel different. I slowly sat up and glanced at my reflection in a puddle in the ground. No. No, not now. My demon. I was my demon. It could be worse, to be honest. My eyes were filled with black and two long stitches cross them. My neck, wrists and ankles were also circled with stitches. Like someone decided I was their doll they could sew up. And my ears were pointed. Not exactly like a elf. More like a demon.
I gasped and touched my face with my cold hands.
"Will, it's alright" my uncle said stepping forward.
I gulped and slowly stood up to see the horrified expression on Roses face.
No. Not her. Not Rose. I don't want to scare Rose.
I gasped and stumbled backwards.
"Will-."
I cut my uncle short when I flung my cape around me causing me to vanish completely.
I appeared in my bedroom on the verge of passing out. Slowly I turned to face myself in the mirror. I scared myself.
I cursed and chucked the nearest book at the mirror. It shattered into a million pieces. I sighed and flopped into my bed. It's just like it was when I was eight. Something happened to make me show my demon. I scared my mother badly. For that I sent myself to my special paper bag. Yes, it is time for the special paper bag. I took off my cape and crawled under my bed covers.

My bedroom door slowly creaked open.
"Will, are you alright" a voice whispered.
It was Rose. I shuffled under my covers. She walked over to my bed and sat down. I felt her hand touch my shoulder. "Your uncle told me everything."
Darn it. Why did my uncle have to tell her everything? I wonder what she must be thinking? "Will, it's going to be okay. I'm not afraid of you, if that's what your thinking. Now come out."
I shook my head under the covers.
Rose smiled and said, "come on. If your not coming out, I might have to come in."
I sighed and sat up slowly with the covers still over me.
Rose grinned and said, "your acting like a kid."
I don't think I was acting. Rose ran her fingers on the edge of the sheets, slowly pulling it off. When they were off Rose started to giggle.
"What?" I said.
Rose was now laughing hard. Probably at the brown, paper bag over my face with a frowny face drawn on the front
"Is that really necessary, Will" Rose said putting her hands on the paper bag. I moved away from her though. Rose sighed and gave me a peaceful smile. She grabbed my hands and squeezed them. Her hands were so soft. "Come on, Will. Let me see that face I love."
"It's not the face you think it is" I whispered.
Rose pulled off the bag and touched my cheek with her hand. I gulped and touched her hand. "I love you for who you are. Not what you look like" Rose said that and kissed me. What did my uncle say to her to get her like this? Maybe she was under a spell...
Rose released me and smiled.
She smelled like flowers and her eyes sparkled like a blue crystal. Rose was truly beautiful. No. She is breath taking. Completely gorgeous.
She nestled beside me and rested her head on my shoulder.
"Only if it was possible to contain your demon in a way. Like a magic gem or something-."
I gasped and sat up.
"ROSE YOUR A FREAKING GENIUS!" I bolted out of the room with more energy than Fruit Snack on caffeine. Rose followed behind as I an to the stairs. My friends sat in the living room below with my uncle talking when they spotted me.
"Will, you up" Lily stated.
Rose chased after me as anxious as ever.
"And you got the paper bag off his head" Crow added.
I bursted into the library and climbed up a latter on a huge bookshelf.
"Rose your truly brilliant! We can contain your curse in an amulet! Then whenever you wear the amulet, you can use magic without freezing yourself" I explained while pulling a book out of the shelf.
"An a amulet? What amulet" Rose asked.
"Can we just use the one you wear all the time" I answered.
Rose touched the little blue necklace around her neck.
"I don't know. This was my mothers-."
"That's going to make it even more powerful! Your mother contained great power. That's going to make this even better" I said sliding down the latter.
"Well okay" Rose said taking off the necklace.
She sat it down on the table as I opened the book and flipped madly through the pages. I looked up at Rose and smiled.
"Cross your fingers this will work."