Chapter Eight

"Dear God, Lexi. What the hell?" Levi's voice shouted from upstairs, sounding like he was experiencing a tumbleweed moment.

It also sounded like he was calling me from somewhere strangely close to where my bedroom was.

"Levi?" I quickly ran up the stairs to find Levi.

"Lexi, what do you think you're doing to yourself?"

I realised he wasn't near my room, but in my room, and my eyebrows furrowed as I tried to think of what he could be finding in my room that he would be shocked by. It wasn't any different from the last time he came in because I was too lazy to go downstairs to help him with some homework. And that was a few months ago. "Levi, what the hell do you think you're doing in my room?"

"Lexi, just shut the hell up already and explain this," Levi threatened, walking out of the room. His face looked quite pink, to be honest, and before I could say anything, he dragged me into my bedroom.

That was when I realised I had brought the laptop upstairs and left it logged into How To Get A Life.

It was open at my draft for Entry Four.

"Levi, why are you reading my personal...thing?" I stammered, the fear written all over my face. Levi hadn't been particularly happy with me, and my mum had shouted at me more than once about not eating my dinner and going out when I wanted and getting suspended for the badass thing, but I didn't care.

"'Cause I am, ok? But why the hell are you being such an attention whore online, and why are you showing me as such an awful person on the internet?" Levi said with his teeth clenched.

My eyes widened, mentally going through everything I had typed out to make sure it wasn't too rude and wasn't something Levi could blackmail me with to get me into even more trouble. I groaned when I realised I had written something of a mild nature about him. But it was all facts, and wasn't made up or just something rude for no reason. "Because, like-"

"STOP WITH THE ACCENT ALREADY! IF ANYTHING, IT'S MAKING YOU LESS POPULAR BY THE SECOND!"

Confused, since I hadn't even used the accent since the disaster of last week, and I definitely hadn't tried to sound like a chav in my sentence, I protested, "But I wasn't, like-"

"SHUT UP ALREADY! DON'T YOU SEE EVERYONE THINKS IT'S STUPID?! ARE YOU BLIND?! Stop with the "likes" every other word and that hashtag-YOLO shit!" Levi shouted, the volume competing that of ten dogs barking at once. Luckily our mum wasn't at home to hear, otherwise she may have been just slightly concerned about the argument. Levi hardly ever got this irritated with people. I heard him shout about twice a year, at most, so I figured that the chav accent really was one of his pet peeves.

"I wasn't even using the chav accent!" I contradicted.

"Fine then, but you'd better not do that again, because you're my sister and you'll get me into trouble with my friends for having a stupid sister." Levi said in his normal voice.

"Whatever," I dismissed. "Why are you even trying to help me?"

"Because you're a desperate little pig who doesn't understand the world," Levi said, insulting me easily.

"No, I'm not! You don't know me as well as you think you do, Levi." I folded my arms.

Levi sighed. "Uhh, you do realise I've just read your so-called diary? It appears the accent was for being a badass. Oh my God, Lexi. No. Just no."

"But I-" I started angrily.

"And you seem so ridiculously desperate to be popular. Well, that stupid fake act of a badass plus the crappy accent is never going to make you popular. Try being normal for once. Because at this rate, you're never going to be popular like me," Levi said, smirking.