Chapter Five

When I got into the house from running home from the bus stop, I leapt onto the computer seat. I was out of breath, had a stitch, was sweating like hell and I had overheard Levi describing me as a 'fat tomato' under his breath as I took off sprinting but I didn't care this time. I had to get onto How To Get A Life. All I had thought about all day was my blog, and what I could post and write about, and talking to new people, and finishing reading Anya's blog, and everything...

How To Get A Life was amazing, and I had only been on there for about fifteen minutes before school.

The dark blue skin that greeted me made me feel so ridiculously happy. After discovering How To Get A Life before school, I strutted around the school in such an awkwardly cool way that everyone teased me more than usual. Not that I cared - I knew I would be popular soon. Everyone would be begging to be in my gang, all the boys would ask me out...

And Levi would be so freaking jealous.

Just as I imagined my twin brother's fat-tomato-like face of jealousy, regret and annoyance, I heard the front door open again.

"Oi, why d'you lock me out, idiot?"

I barely recognised my brother's voice. He was usually so calm and kind to everyone, and it reflected in his language and voice. But now, Levi was insulting me for absolutely no reason, with a much more gangster voice than usual.

"I didn't lock you out," I shouted back, rolling my eyes as I clicked the log-in page. "You have your own key. Why should I wait for you?"

"Because you're my twin sister, that's why!"

Oh, really? If I was his twin sister, then he was my twin brother. He was expecting me to treat him nicely and put him before anything else I needed to do, while he pretended I hadn't been his best friend for fourteen years and was some person who had apparently made his life hell. Logic right there.

But I would be popular soon. I would be better than him, and then he could see what he had done.

I would just have to wait for that moment when I could finally be popular and have the time of my life with all my cool friends.

"Whatever," I dismissed. Levi grunted in annoyance, so loudly I could hear him from the kitchen downstairs, and then came up the stairs, not even noticing the popularity website that was on my laptop screen. I smiled to myself. That was him gone. Now I could log into How To Get A Life.

A while later, after having to log into my e-mail to verify my account, the screen was welcoming me into the forums.

Welcome LexiPainter123! You have: 8 new followers on your blog and 9 new comments! Click here to view your blog.

Eight new followers and nine comments?

I wasn't even expecting one follower, never mind eight.

Already popular! What a new experience!

I went to the comments of my blog first. I must have done a pretty good job on getting sympathy for myself, because everyone seemed to be feeling sorry for me.

Lolxox - Never heard a story like yours before, and I'm so sorry! It must be tough, your best friend since birth hating you suddenly, especially as you live in the same house. Stay strong and win yourself over Levi! Show him how cool you are!

lilrose173 - Awwww poor u! :( you mention how they hate u for spoiling Ashley's skirt - it shows they look down on bad fashion why not get new clothes urself?

epicnessYAY - Welcome to How To Get A Life! I'm so sorry about you and your twin - I wouldn't be able to stand that sort of thing. Your twin brother hating you? :( The tip that always works well for me is getting new clothes!