Chapter Twenty One: A confession of a daydreaming girl

"Call me when you land?" I moaned for the third time.

"I will!" Rob's voice sighed down the phone.

"Is it fun?"

"No."

"Good."

"WHAT?!"

I thought about it, pushing a finger into my chin. "I meant: Oh no. I am sorry."

"Pfft." Rob paused. "...I did actually ring Beck to check in my room if I'd left anything." I glanced at Beck who still seemed pretty pissed after his phone rang, he'd said 'it's Rob' and I'd tackled him to the floor grabbing it and answering it.

"...He's busy." Beck scowled. We talked about nothing then he had to go. I hung up. Beck stared at me like I killed someone or something.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

I smiled sneakily. "He had to go." Ren rolled his eyes at me and shoved my sandwich in my mouth. I chewed on it as Beck and Ren just stared.

It was lunchtime and Gabby had to stay behind - thanks to detention. Teddy was hanging with his 'other' friends. So it was just me, Beck and Ren.

That wasn't awkward at all... Well, it wasn't now.

I finished my sandwich. "So, what's everyone doing Saturday?"

"Nothing much."

"I GOT NOTHING." Beck raised a hand. I prodded his forehead.

"Poor you." I grinned wickedly. Ren sighed again. I kissed his nose. "Do you hate me that much?" I sighed in return.

"No, just when you have lettuce actually STUCK to your chin like a beard does make me think I'm dating a pea-brain." He grinned at me, thse green eyes flashing.

I stroked my lettuce beard, a goofy smile on my face. "It's a turn on isn't it?" I laughed and ate the lettuce.

* * * *

Later that day, as I walked home with Gabby after gym, I asked her what she was doing.

"Nothing, not really. " We stopped by the ice -cream parlour, like we always did on the way home from gym on Wednesdays. Lexi had been waiting for us, still in her school uniform.

"HEYAAA!!" She screamed from our usual table. We grinned and waved back. Skipping over, we slid into the seats beside her and ordered.

* *

"So, nothing fun at school then?" Lexi asked after we'd talked about gym and updated each other on the happenings in our lives.

"Nope." Gabby shook her head. She seemed kind of... sad. Lexi and I shared a look.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Gabby... You alright?"

"Yeah, you don't seem your usually sunny self."

She took a spoonful of ice cream from her sundae to her mouth, before setting it down in the glass. "... I can trust you guys with anything right?"

"Of course!" We said together.

She shifted on her seat. "Well.... You know I day-dream occasionally?"

Lexi nodded. "You mean your 'dream state'?" Gabby nodded.

"And day dream about the guy I like...?"

"...Yeaaah." I leaned back in my seat.

She sighed and bit her lip. "It's Beck."

Bearing in mind I love my ice cream, it was a hot day and I was hungry whilst I was hanging out with my best friends, I was relaxing and eating the ice cream. When Gabby told us it was Beck, I thought I would choke on the ice cream.

"IT'S WHO NOW?!" I choked.

"BECK?!" Lexi screeched. Gabby clasped her hands to our mouths and nodded.

Slowly letting go of our mouths she continued. "Yes; Beck. I know I know he's a bit..." We stared at her as she sighed. "Yeah, he's a bit Beck."

We shrugged. "So, I'm gonna tell him."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. One piece of information at time girl!" I winked. "Are you sure you want to?"

"Well, we've had so many moments - I mean, he asked me to the dance! How can I ignore that?"

Lexi scooped some ice cream into her mouth thoughtfully. She waved her spoon in the air as she began to talk. "Well, I think she has to try. Even if it never did work out with Beck for you Hopey."

"Hell no. I have Ren." I laughed. "So you going round now?"

"I don't know..."

"You should, he seems better than normal. You should." I smiled reasuringly when she sighed nervously.

"Yeah!  I WILL." She placed her spoon into the air. We did the same.

"One for all?"

"AND ALL FOR ONE!" Lexi and Gabby answered.

This will be fun!

-----------------

AN: Sorry for SUCH a long wait and SUCH a short chappy! I'll update soon - but school has been hectic, I WILL update more ;) How'd you think the confrontation with Gabby and Beck will go? Good or bad? Comment below!! Love you'z all xx

-Poppy xx