Chapter Two: Protection Reflex of the mouth.

Note: Demi Lovato's songs will probably theme through the book- but they're really good! So please listen to them? What To Do features in this chapter, if you listen to it then, yeah. But it's one of my favourite songs atm so yep. Enjoy! ;) I by the way, I LOVE TED HE'S SO NICE TO HOPE!

As I ran into the gym lockers, my tears had dried up but I still felt as if I was crying. My gymnastics partner, Gabby, asked me what was wrong. Like she didn't already know.

"Nothing. I.. I fell over is all." I shrugged it off. As I dressed into my blue leotard, I admired the different shades of blue in it. The main body of it was a dark, sapphire blue that melted into the centre where another strip of material, a duck-egg blue, waved all the around until it reached behind where it cut off due to the low back. I walked out of the lockers to find everyone was sitting on the bleachers. I joined them and sat next to Gabby.

"We all know that the school gym finale is coming up and the chosen few of you will perform. Of course, if you are chosen and you'd prefer not to participate, it's fine." Lou, our gym coach, paced a little from side to side. She always did this when she was serious. "We will continue practising our rhythmic work for fifteen minutes then I want you all to come back here. Understood?"

"Yes Ma'am." We replied.

I wandered over to the shelves where there were Ribbons, balls, hoops, ropes and clubs. I grabbed two ribbons for me and Gabby. She took the corner of the room and, annoyingly, I took the spot where the window to the pool was. I began with a pivot slowly as the music began to pick up. I kept the long satin ribbon moving through every vertical spiral, jump and pivot. As the music gradually got faster and faster I felt others around me begin to stop and watch me; to my horror some swimmers did too. As the tempo of the music reached it's fastest, I ended the routine with a triple vertical spiral. Everyone, from both sides of the glass applauded. I blushed and bowed. I tried my hardest to avoid Beck's stunned gaze throughout the entire routine and applause.

"You see, this is why Hope Jacobs will be performing in the gym final next week!" Lou praised me.

"What me!?"

"Yes you." She smiled kindly.

* * * *

 Later, as the bell rang for lunch, I hurried from my classroom and into the canteen. As I walked in, I noticed the awkward stares I got from all the little groups at each table. The Nerds looked me up and down, the Emos just stared, the Ecos handed me a leaflet saying 'Lost Love? Hug Trees.', the Jocks sneered at me, laughing. As I looked at the floor and hurried past, a heard someone's mocking voice.

"So Hope? You going to make another  school announcement soon? Maybe you're pregnant?" Everyone laughed. A jock piped up.

"Who would want to though?" Everyone laughed again.

I felt my fists tighten and heard my voice tumbling out of my mouth. "You know Sadie, just because a skinny bitch like you is picky about who she plays tongue tennis with, doesn't mean I'm like you. Maybe you should check with you're doctor though; you seem to be gaining weight." Jesus I could be a bitch sometimes. I heard a hiss go through the canteen and I rushed into the cafe across the canteen; where nobody heard what happened.

I quickly paid for my measly can of 7Up, salad and cookie. I sat in the furthest corner of the room, just wanting to be alone. Where is Teddy today? I thought, gazing out of the window. It was spring and the glowing green leaves grew from the branches. Clover and daisies carpeted the grass surrounding the school. My breath caught in my throat at the sheer beauty of it. I ate my lunch and exited through the back entrance of the cafe. I headed to the gym for some training- I had nothing better to do. I got changed again. Choosing from the CD collection by the CD player in the Gym, I chose 'What To Do' by Demi Lovato. She was one of my favourite singers. I grabbed a ribbon again as the music started up.