Chapter Twenty: Rob's hobby

((AN: Right... School's starting in 4 days. I am not happy! I might not update for a while - I AM SO SORRY!!! But, I'm very sad to say that... Reviving Hope will be finished in approx 13 chapters, maybe less, maybe more. And some of those chapters are SAD. Not as sad as this one! *waves* Farewell Rob :'( Everybody wave :'( ))

A week past, one hell of a happy week.

I dreaded what came at the end: Rob's leaving party. Ah... SHIT. That's how my trail of thought felt like: all calm then - BANG!

One hell of a fat ass pidgeon drops one in my happy ray.

* *

"You okay?" Ren asked as we wandered up Beck's porch.  I sighed.

"Sure, if you take one of my best friends and place them in a university one hell of a way away from me and take that as okay." He pressed his lips together, acknowledging I was not, and wouldn't be for that night, okay. "Sorry, I shouldn't be taking it out on you." I kissed him quickly, not really caring if it was a loving kiss or not - not girlfriendy attitude, I know.

"Nah, it's okay." We reached the front door, slowing. "You ready?" He asked squeezing my hand.

"No, but I'll have to be."

We entered and everyone was already there. Rob grinned and swept me off my feet in a hug.

"Heey!!" I managed a weak smile. He propped me down. "Smile?" He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Sure. If you want all your mirrors to crack." I did smile then; as did he. The party continued.

* * * *

Later on, Rob took off with Ren - and they were talked. Almost, Rob looked as if he were... pleading?

I popped a jelly bean into my mouth, Lexi and Gabby doing the same thing as they were dancing.

Ren and Rob felt my stare on them: two of the most important guys in my life. Two gorgeous. I kept staring, but felt my eyes tugging me to look away because they were afraid to cry for Rob. They glanced at each other, Ren nodding. He mouthed something like, 'Go, it's fine.' Rob started towards me. I felt like a startled rabbit in the headlights of a car - unable to move, unable to struggle, anything.

Rob had bend down and kissed me straight on the lips - like Ren. But not with such passion. I was terrified, sad, shocked, relieved and kind of happy all at once. He pulled away.

I hesitated looking from Ren to Rob and back again.

"... What in whatever God you find holy was... No, that's an understatement: WHAT THE HOLY HAND GRENADE WAS THAT!?!?!!?!?" I yelled, frantically looking from my Boyfriend, best friend and door - as if I was expecting kissing ninjas to pounce out on me.

"That, was something I've convinced myself not to do for a long while." Rob smiled. I stared up at him like I was seeing him for the first time.

Ren swept forwards and kissed my forehead, to acknowledge I was still his. Beck got jealous and kissed my hand half heartedly. Ted kissed my cheek, just as I yelled. "WHAT IS THIS: ONE OF HOPE'S BEST FRIENDS IS LEAVING BUT GO AHEAD KISS HER DAY!?!?" I scowled. Gabby and Lexi looked kind of jealous at me. I shrugged. "I'm so confused right now."

The guys fell about laughing at my face.

* * * *

After we danced around, it was present time. Ted got him money, for spending in NY, Beck gave him a new phone (the old one slipped into the pool a couple of nights ago - apparently), Gabby bought him a sweater and jeans with some money, Lexi gave one of her gym trophies a makeover with the front saying 'Best Juggler and Joke Teller of the year' which was adorable, Ren gave him a new wallet, money and a mini fridge which had been in his car.

My turn.

"Well, Hope, you better get me something good." Rob grinned shuffling up next to me. I sighed.

"Not really." I'd got him three things. I slid the first to him. He opened it. An orange peel. Everyone turned to stare at me like I was mentally unstable.

"It's the one from the orange I was cutting when I first met you..." I whispered, barely containing my tears. Rob held it, staring at it. He hugged me tightly and put it his lap.

"This one's my favourite." Everyone glanced at him like 'What? What about my present?!'

He shot them a returning glance saying, 'Oh grow up, she's trying her hardest - it's already hard for her.'

I slid the next package towards him. He opened it.

"They have a lot of ice cream in New York." I said as he grinned at the life time supply of 'Free Chocolate Ice-cream' voucher reel that I'd spent nearly all my money on - stupid Tombola.

I slid the final package to him. It was a large photo frame of all the photos we'd taken together.

"Sorry for the h-h-homemade c-c-c-crap." I managed before I scambled up off the floor, burying my hands in my extra long woollen sweater.

I ran out to the back garden, into the corner of the Garden only Beck, ted and Rob knew about. I turned my back away from the house and scrunched my body into a tiny ball and began to cry.

* *

I heard a lot of footsteps come towards me and whispers and hands trail on my back, arms and shoulders. Ren's familiar scent stopped in front of me. Rob's followed and came closer to me. He grabbed my hands and pulled them upwards, so I had to show my face.

"Hope, dear God, stop crying." He pleaded as I buried my face in my shoulder. "Stop acting like a kid! I thought you siad you were backing me! I can't do this if you don't have faith in me, Hope! Jesus!" He shook me as I sniffled, crying a little more. "Say something!" He half yelled half pleaded.

I paused. "... I...I just..." My voice grew. "I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO BE SO FREAKING HARD! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRAP. I don't want you to go!! You have to go, BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO!" I began babbling. "I know, you have to go, I am backing you, I want you to go and live, not stay here with us forever, no that sounds so mean! I... I want you to live life to the full, then... Just don't forget us! Everyone who's left, always forgets us! Don't forget us Rob, DON'T!" Angry tears sprang from my eyes splashing down my cheeks and onto Ren and Rob's clothing. Teddy and Lexi frowned sadly at me, Gabby's eyes were streaming, Beck looked distrought.

"Hope," Rob's eyes softened. "I'll never forget anyone; and if one moment you think I'll forget you... You have one hell of a tiny brain." He hugged me. "I'm gonna want to see you, Lexi and Gabby in the papers as top Gymnasts." I sniffled as Rob shared the hug with everyone.

"You know I'll never forget you guys right?" Rob sniffed. Jeez, we were all crying now.

"Hell yeah!" Gabby said, her sun like spirit still intact, but still crying.

"God, dude. Guys don't make other dudes cry!" Ted complained.

Ren and Beck were crying too. "Oh crap." Ren's breath hitched as he sighed.

"Rob, I'm family you tight ass." Beck cried, like some sorta girl.

Lexi seemed like some little girl all adorable and crying. "Keep the joking and juggling intact...!" She punched the air.

I smiled throught my tears at Rob.

"Do you make people cry at nightclubs too, or is it just a hobby?" We all laughed, opening our mouthes and tasting the salty tears.

* * * *

We had all driven down to the air port to wave him off. He grabbed his bags and began to leave. Before I could stop myself. I yelled across the air port, making most people think there was a friggin bomb.

"ROB!!!" I raced down the hall doing a cartwheel at the end. I clung to him, crying again, but squeezing him in a hug. I sniffled around my words. "Dude... h-have an a-awesome trip.. Meet t-that l-lady you w-wanted so f-far back... D-don't hang out w-with h-h-h-high school g-g-g-girls...!!!!!" I hiccuped and wailed as he boarded.

He waved and I clung to Ren, weeping into his shirt.

"Good bye Rob..." I whispered into Ren's chest.

And then he was gone.

Well, for now.