Chapter Nineteen: Nobody will have a problem

A single week past and during it, Ren asked me to the end of summer dance. I wasn't surprised; I still had the second dress I'd already bought. As the night rolled around Ren came and picked me up in his car. I stepped out of the house wearing his bracelet and a bright blue clip that held my hair in a sleek bun.

"Beautiful as ever."

"Psh. No. You're the beautiful one, Mr. Check out me in my damn sexy tuxedo." I gestured up and down with a finger. I gave in and sighed, hugging him then leaning on his shoulder. "...Do you want to tell everyone we're dating tonight?" He pulled me back and looked deeply into my eyes. I shivered. "Don't; you know your eyes are too insanely perfect for me to handle."

"Are you sure?"

"About the eyes or the dating?"

Ren looked at me as he opened the door of his car, rolling his beautiful eyes.

"Dating." I confirmed. "And yeah, I'm sure. I mean, it's been like two weeks! I don't think anyone will have a problem with it!"

"... I guess."

I glanced at him. "Unless you don't want to tell anyone!" I put my hand on his knee.

"Well, it's not that; I'm tired of the sneaking around, sure. But... it was fun, wasn't it?" He grinned. I nodded, mirroring his smile.

"It was." I smiled warmly.

He patted my hand and kissed my fingers. "Did I mention you look beautiful?" Ren smiled, glancing at me then back at the road.

* * * *

"Hellooo my friends!" I grinned as Gabby, Beck, Teddy and surprisingly, Lexi, appeared from the pavement as Ren and I got out of his car.

"Hiya Hope!" Gabby said, a little too excitedly. "Beck and me are going to the dance as friends." She confirmed, like an old lady confirms that she has got her dentures in.

"Well, good for you!" I grinned and glanced at Ren. "Uhm.. guys, you might want to go inside before we tell you what we have to tell you." They all began to go inside the Gym, but looked concerned.

* * * *

"YOU'RE DATING MR. HOTNESS!??!" Ted shrieked.

"Good gracious Teddy, are you bi?!" I laughed. ((AN: No offence to anyone who is bisexual and takes offence easily))

"But... but...!"

"Ted, I'm gonna stop you before you embarrass yourself dude. Come on let's go get punch." Beck dragged him off. We laughed. Lexi crossed her arms and sauntered in front of us.

"Of course, I knew this would happen."

"Oh yes Dr. Phil, because you're a pychologist." Ren laughed.

She scowled. "No, cos' you two knew each other since you were a kid, you left each toher and came back together in your hot new selves."

"OH HOW ROMANTIC!!!" Gabby caressed her hand with her cheek, going off into one of her 'dream states' when she pictures herself with the guy she likes, (Who she's never told anyone about apart from me - but I still don't know his identity).

"....Yeahh...." Ren and I chorused, leaving my two very odd friends alone. I caught a glimpse of Sadie and Ellie talking. Well, they would be.

They shot me a warning stare and I gripped Ren's arm.

"What?"

"They're after me Ren; move, move!!" He laughed as I guided him through the crowds of people.

* * * *

About half way through the night - about nine thirty - Gabby, Lexi, Ted, Beck, Ren and I were hanging out in the corner of the Gym. Coach Sue, the principal and the office lady, Mrs. Brookes, were all watching us.

We kept glancing at each other.

It was... unnerving.

"Oh yeah!" Gabby clicked her fingers. "We haven't seen you two kiss yet." She pointed. "You guys are the furthest away from the teachers; so they probably can't see you."

"...Aye." I sipped at my punch. Ren nodded.

"Kiss huh?" I stopped drinking to look at him. He kissed me all of a sudden. I kissed him right back. This went on- a battle of the lips - for about two minutes. I could almost feel Gabby and Ted's minds wagering on who would win.

"That was, new." I laughed leaning against his chest staring at him. He looked smug. "Cat who got the cream!" I grinned.

I glanced over to Coach Sue.

She'd seen.

...Awkwarddd....

* * * *

The night progressed and nothing much happened; just the odd punch up outside. Seems someone spiked the punch bowl.

Gabby seemed hyper but that was either one, the punch she may have been drinking, or two, the large bowl of sweets that she practically stole when she ate them. All.

Ren drove me home but I'd fallen asleep. He'd knocked on my door and handed me to Dan. Ren had carried me bridal style until he gave me Dan - which i thanked him for the next day.

I dremt that night of kisses and lips talking like a racehorse commentator taking bets in.