Chapter five: Closure... maybe??

I phoned Teddy the next day. I had a plan.

"Hey Teddy! Organise a beach party for tomorrow! Don't say it was me organising it or no one will come! INVITE BECK. That is a direct order."

"Why? What about Miss-I-need-to-not-see-the-moron-and-get-over-him?" Teddy's voice trembled through the phone, with a slight monotoned lilt.

"Yeah, she's dead Ted." He chuckled. "I figure that the only way to move on is to act around him normally. I know he did that arguing thing to make me leave him alone so I could get over him; but that's only going to make us hate each other. So I think he's just got to acknowledge it then push it to the back of his mind."

"Doesn't that seem like he doesn't care about your feelings?"

I thought about that. "Well.... a little I'm making him do it so I think I can survive. He's not really noticed in all the three years I've liked him. And I've known his since I was what? Eight? I'm sixteen now."

"Yeaah. So am I Hopey. Welllll.....Alrighty then. See you tomorrow; around 11PM?"

"Sure! Thanks Teddy; I owe you one!"

"No. Now you ow me 50!"

I laughed. "Love ya Ted!"

"Back at ya Hopey! See you!" He hung up. Grabbing slipping on my duck slippers, I ran downstairs, determined. Humming some old rock song I'd heard on the radio, I danced into the lounge and fell onto the couch flipping the TV.

"Hey Hope."

"Mornin' Beck."

Wait. WHAAAT!?!? I scrambled off the sofa, standing back in amazement. I didn't take my eyes of the blinking Beck, but turned my head slightly to the kitchen. "U-Uh... Nancy! Why didn't you.. you know, say something about Beck being here."

"I thought you knew!" Nancy's voice replied. As if he were a dangerous animal, I slowly took of my duck slipper and threw it at his face. I watched for his response.

"What was that for!?"

"Boy, you have some serious issues. And because you and your stupid ass completly broke my heart yesterday." I glowered at him.

"LANGUAGE!!" Nancy sang. I glanced upstairs to where my little sister was playing with her 'Poop and Scoop Barbie'.

Beck huffed. "Personally, I think you should get over yourself and jusforget about the whole damn-"

"LANGUAGE!"

"-thing." I finished.

"Isn't that kind of.... heartless?" I snorted.

"Not when I'm telling you to. Not really. Besides," I took of my other slipper. Annnd.....

"Seriously? The other slipper?" Beck rubbed his eye where my other duck slipper had hit him.

"You can be heartless..." I continued. Flipping through channels on the TV, I avoided Beck's gaze. I paused on a show with some opera lady belting out some notes. "Why are you here anyway?" Beck sighed.

"You'll not like-"

"AND HELLO TO YOUUUUU....!!" Rob screeched down my ear. I slapped him in the process.

Jesus, why were Beck's family so freaking gorgeous- even with a great big scarlet mark across their face?

"You're so awesome to my family, Hopey." Beck said, with expressed sarcasm. I glared.

"So you're introducing yourself to my family then Rob?" I turned my attention back to Beck's super-duper hot (and annoying) Uncle.

"Yup. And by the way," He squished my face. "You made up....!!" I slapped his hands away.

"Too. Many. Rom-coms!!" I sang.

"Shuddup squirt."

"Squirt? SQUIRT?! I am a growing young woman!"

"That's right."

"You little Shi-" I went to punch his beautiful face.

"FOR THE LAST TIME HOPE CECELIA JACOBS. LANGUAGE. LITTLE EARS UPSTAIRS." Nancy poked her head round the kitchen door-frame. I clenced my fist in mid air.

"You're a very violent person, aren't cha?" Rob sneered.

"You'd soo be dead if it weren't for my sister."

"Pshee...Sure...! Let's go with that."

"Nancy, you making cookies?" I clenched my teeth and glared at Rob.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I need something to pummel." Beck, Rob and Nancy beagn to laugh as I stormed into the kitchen.

* * * *

Towards the end of their little 'visit', Ted had sent out a mass text: to me and to Beck.

"Hey, BEACH PARTY!" We chorused.

"What a suprise...!" I said glancing at him. "You going?" He nodded.

"You?"

"Since it's from Ted, I think even if I don't go, he'll drag me out anyway." I sighed, knowing I'd practially organised this.

"You want picking up?"

"Ooh a direct offer from the lover." I grinned. "Nah, you don't want to arrive with me."

Rob laughed from the sofa. "Yeah, the truth of her liking you would only say that you liked her back. HAHAHA....!" My cheeks burned and I sipped tentitively at my lemonade. Beck stood up, shadow across his face. He walked over to Rob, grabbed a cushion and smothered his face. There was a few moments of this before Beck walked back.

"You're funny Uncle Rob. But not that funny." Beck's face was so ridiculously serious I attempted to not laugh but the force was too great.

"What?" Beck laughed.

"Ohh... that face... Oh... AHAHAA....You're killing me... ohh stop...!!" I cried tears of mirth while the witnesses laughed once more.

"Ohh..." I eventually got up and wiped the tears from my eyes.

Tomorrow would be a good day. Since I'd got closure. Well a little. Maybe??