Chapter 18, Snow

• Dedicated to Danie Sahne

Soo, I'm back again with a new chapter! Guys, once more, a big big big thanks cuz we reached 15.000 reads! I'm so proud and grateful of your support! Thanks!

Chapter 18, Snow

I stared at the immense creature that was slowly moving to me. I was terrified and couldn't move. My nails dug into the snowy ground. My eyes widened as I realized what it was. It was a gigantic russet wolf. It slowly came closer and looked at me. The deep brown eyes seemed to.. recognize me? I let out a breath I was unaware of I'd been holding. But.. how could this.. wolf.. know me? I'm sure I'd remember if I met a gigantic wolf! The wolf was now on the fallen tree and still staring at me.. pleading? He leaned forward and let his head touch my cheek. I still hadn't said a word. I heard light footsteps from behind and he looked up just a couple of seconds before I did. Renesmee skipped toward me and the giant wolf. Now I did do something. I jumped up and screamed at Renesmee.

"Renesmee! Watch out!" I stood in front of her with my arms wide protectively, facing the wolf.

"Evenlyn?" She tried to catch my attention but I was focusing on the wolf. "Evenlyn?" The wolf looked hurt. Renesmee saw it too. "Evenlyn, listen to me! It's Jake! He's not going to harm us!" That did make me turn around. I tilted my head.

"Jacob?" Renesmee's laugh was filling the air. A sort of growling came from deep inside the wolf.. I mean Jacob, what sounded like chuckling. The wolf sprinted off to the bushes and seconds later Jacob stepped out, still laughing his ass off.

"You should of seen your face!" He said between the fits of laughter. He took Renesmee's hand and pulled her against his chest. I felt rather stupid. Renesmee looked at me intently.

"Evenlyn, what happened to your hair?" She asked, sounding shocked.

"Hate it?" I said and hid between a curtain of my blond waves.

"No! I love it!" She said and put a strand behind my ear. I blushed.

"Thanks.." I mumbled.

"I heard.. about your.." The shadows that crossed my face was enough to silence her. "I'm sorry.." She said.

"It's not your fault." Jacob said it before I could. My eyes focused on his face. His eyes were on Renesmee's face and never left her. The emotion in his eyes was nothing but love. Pure, pure love.

"Shall we go?" Jacob asked, now looking at both of us.

"Yeah," Nessie and I said in the same second. We both chuckled and linked hands. Jacob and Renesmee knew perfectly well where to go, I just followed. After about 15 minutes we reached the house. Edward and Alice were playing chess together, I could see from outside through the enormous glass window. They both sat perfectly still and just looked at each other. I smirked. Vampires. Renesmee let go of my hand and went to the kitchen. I sat down at the kitchen table and watched her open the fridge and take some orange juice. She poured it into 2 cups and took them to the table. She sat down as well and handed me a cup.

"Thanks," I said. We sat in a comfortable silence as we both drunk the juice. We both turned as Emmett came in. He raised an eyebrow.

"What you girls doing?" He asked and leaned in the doorway.

"Nothing.." I answered simply. He rolled his eyes.

"I can see that." He commented. Now I laughed.

"What do you want us to do then?" A devilish grin formed on his face.

"I can think of some nice pranks!" Nessie jumped up and took my hand and literally dragged me out of the kitchen.

"Nice try, Uncle Emmett, but we don't want to get grounded like you!" She shouted over her shoulder as she went up the stairs. I heard Emmett cuss. I was shaking with laughter.