Chapter 1: Hibiscus

"It's show time."

The assassin packed his gear in a lightweight carbon fibre hard case and hoisted it over his shoulder. He was tall, with long ink black hair that fell all the way to his waist. He was beautiful, for a man. The male was lithe and tall, his facial features delicate and slightly feminine. he was of Chinese heritage. Trained to be a killer for as long as he could remember, he was one of the most sought after assassins that the triads and yakuza employed to take out their enemies when dealing with difficult mob bosses or merely to incite anger.

He was known as Hibiscus to those who employed him. Every one of the top assassins had marks that gave them their code-names. And his, was a single red Hibiscus tattooed into the nape of his neck. They had given him this name because of his beauty and his grace when he killed. He was elusive, delicate, and deadly. The Hibiscus flower represented both his delicate beauty and his gentle appearances. Many of the yakuza bosses had heard of his beauty and sought him not only for killing favours, but many have offered him a place in their harem and other similar positions. But he had turned them all down.

The male pulled his long hair into a loose braid that trailed over his left shoulder. Buckling his knee high boots in place, he left his apartment and rode all the way to downtown Shinjuku, where his next target would be at.

His watched read 2.00 am when he finally pulled into the underground car park of a tall business building. Check his topographic map, this was one of the best places, with a good view and one that would give him a clean shot. It was also tall, meaning that if there were onlookers, they probably would not be able to spot him from such an altitude. Killing the engine of his Suzuki Hayabusa, he made his way to the rooftop of the building. It was a beautiful night out there, serene and unsuspecting, but someone had to die. Not that it bothered him.

Once the male had made his way to the rooftop, he open his case. Inside, lay a long range sniper rifle, its dark metal gleaming in the faint city lights. He removed the gun, extending the bipod and propped it on the ground, adjusting it in a conformable position for opening fire. 2.10am. The assassin trained his scope, index resting lightly on the trigger, ready to pull the moment his target was sighted. The intel that came from his current employer that his mob boss would exit his office building alone while his body guard would fetch the car. He would usually take a smoke which gave the assassin a pocket of time to carry out his assassination.

And there he was, a man is his late forties. The assassin smirked as he wedged the rifle comfortable in the hollow of his right shoulder, taking aim. Too easy. A moment of silence. And then a split second before he was about to pull his trigger he noticed that there was another tall male that stood not far off from his target, but it was too late and there was a deafening back as the rifle fired the armor piercing round clean through his targets head. From his scope, he saw that the other male, was staring right back him.

"Shit." He cussed, pulling back as he stood up, surveying the ground below him, where his target laid in a pool of his own blood, his bodyguard shouting things he couldn't make out from this high an altitude.

The other male was gone.

His job was done here. But the stare that the male had given him, was creepy enough to give him chills. Shrugging it off, he packed up his gear and made his way back down to escape before the police got there. Slipping on his helmet and mounting his bike, he pulled out of the car park and escaped onto the highway within a matter of minutes, his hard case slung over his back. All the time, those cold dark eyes, boring right into the very core of his soul. It made his heart pound.

Who was this guy?