Chapter 5

< Alexandria's POV >

Blaze? Nice name, fiery!

Wait, should I tell him mine?
Ohmygod, what's wrong with me? Of course I have to!

"Alexandria" I replied and shook his hand briefly.

Why does this feel so awkward? I mean like, I have never experienced this amount of anxiety and nervousness before...

"Are you okay? Your hands seems to feel very cold and clammy. Is there something bothering you?" I could hear the friendliness in his voice but...

No, I'm not okay. You are the one bothering me...and I don't exactly know why.

"What? Of course I'm okay! I'm just kinda scared that's all..." I lied, I couldn't help it.

"Yeah, I agree it is kinda scary but don't worry, you will be fine," he tried to comfort me and I could sense the concern in those words.

He's such a nice person, and I lied to him that I was afraid of a roller coaster, when they were one of my favorite things in life.

Okay, this is getting really frustrating...

But, fortunately, the roller coaster was finally ready to soar. I quickly strapped on my seat belt and made sure everything was safe before relaxing on my seat.

When the ride started, it was quite peaceful as it was going on a horizontal manner.

However, as soon as it started zooming down vertically along the tracks, I gripped tightly and hid my head under the metal pole.
This, was one of the most scariest, out of all the roller coasters I have ever been on.

When it went upside down, I couldn't help but to scream my heart out as I felt like I was falling.

I was dumbfounded by Blaze's bravery. He was just swaying his hands in the air and screaming like some idiot.

When he noticed me staring at him, he gave me a reassuring smile but it didn't help, sadly.

When he actually realized that I was literally dying, he gently held my shoulders and massaged them.

"Are you okay? Don't worry, the ride is ending soon. You shouldn't have taken it if you was unable to" my heart felt at ease when he whispered those words soothingly into my ears.

I looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks. And I'm sorry."

"It's okay, just make sure you won't do something like this again. Can you do that for me?"
I felt just like a little girl receiving advice from my father.

"I won't do it again, I promise."

He smiled at me and continued comforting me with those words that magically calms me down.

Before we even knew it, the ride was over and I quickly got down.

My head was spinning and I was feeling really dizzy. I tired to walk but I end up falling backwards.

Surprisingly, I felt a pair of strong arms securing my waist and I heaved a sigh of relief.

Heat rushed up in my cheeks that were now tomato red when I realised who it was.

"B-Blaze? Wha-What are you doing?" I didn't meant to be harsh on him but I saw him retreat to those words.

"Sorry, I thought you needed help. Didn't know you would be mad about that," my heart melted as I could feel the disappointment behind those words.