Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Theresa Lane

A/N

Hello and thank you to anyone reading this. I wanted to let you know I am going to try to update at least once a week but I will be trying hard to make it more often. I know it annoys me to wait a long time for an update and I will try not to do that to youJust wanted to let you know that I did the prologue in third person so that it would feel like it was a different persons story. From here on out it will be in first person. This is my first story so bare with me. I have attempted before but didn't finish. However I will with this one. Thank you again for reading.

Heather

Chapter 1- Waking up

       I felt weak and I couldn't move. I was hearing voices but they seemed like they were to far away. That was when I passed out again. 

         It seemed like hours later I woke up again but I was still to weak to move or to open my eyes. I tried to remember what happened that made me feel this way. That was when I started hearing voices. There was a man talking to someone else so I tried to tune in to what they were talking about. Maybe they can give me a clue on what was going on.

          "She was found by the back door, naked and blood everywhere." said the first guy. I wonder who they are talking about?

             Guy number 2 then said, " I wonder what did this to her? It seems as if an animal attacked her but she was also raped according to the coroner. I feel so bad for her friend that found her. What was her name again?"

                "Who the one that found her or the victim?" asked buy number one.

                 "Both," replied guy two, "Maybe the other knows more then she let on. She seemed a little worried."

                  "The victims name is Jenna Lyion and her friend was Jennifer Carth. According to her friend, Jenna's birthday was today and she went to see if she was OK. Do you know if the parents have been notified?" asked guy two.

                      I heard papers moving and I also realized that my fingers were starting to get feeling and I could wiggle them a little bit. "Her parents are on a cruse ship and will be notified as soon as it docks. Unfortunately they are going to be coming home to a mess. This poor girl lost a lot of blood." replied guy one.

                        This is when all the memories from last night hit me. I went for a midnight skinny dip and when I came home there was a guy there. I saw his face so clearly that I knew if I ever saw him again I would know instantly who he was. Now if only I had a name. Then it hit me, they said I was the victim. I was raped and I was bitten but I was not dead. Why would they think I was dead? I kept asking myself. Then I remembered the guy breaking my neck. I was able to move a little more of my hand and I could feel myself beginning to freak out. What the hell is going on? Pretty soon my eyes weren't feeling heavy anymore and I was able to open them. I looked around as best as I could since I wasn't able to move my head yet. I noticed a white ceiling with blinding florescent lights and that was when I remembered the guys were still talking. "...... broken neck. Who ever did this to her really needs to be found before he hurts another person. I hope we are not to late to save the next one." Said guy two. It amazed me that I could easily tell who was who.

                          I felt footsteps heading my way but what really got me was the smells that were assaulting my nose. I began to feel a sharp pain in my stomach and I didn't know why. One of the guys looked over at me and a look of surprise crossed his face. "Hey Jim, wasn't her eyes closed when we came over here last?" Asked guy one.