Chapter Twenty

Derek's POV

I paced the living room, glancing outside every now and then. After a few minutes, that wonderful smell of sweet pea and rain wafted into my nose, making my eyes snap to the window. She was walking up the steps, slightly struggling with her bag.

Osiris stepped inside the house, looking around for someone. I walked into the foyer and held out the outfit I had picked out for her. She frowned softly, glancing at the clothes and then at me.

"Uh, where are we going?"

I took her arm into my hand and guided her to the nearest bathroom, gently pushing her inside. "Stiles'. Hurry."

She nodded before closing the door. I heard soft material drop into the floor, and concluded that she was changing. My mind began to wander, and I shook my head, shoving those thoughts at the back of my back. Osiris stepped out a few minutes later, smirking.

"Nice outfit. Didn't know you liked to match."

She was wearing a pair of jeans with a black v-neck, a leather jacket thrown over her torso and black flats cupping her feet. Her light brown hair cascaded down her face in waves, and the makeup she was wearing made her look dark and dangerous. I guess she did resemble me in some way.

Rolling my eyes at her comment, I took her outside. She looked at me expectantly, waiting for my next move.

"We're gonna run there." I stated.

Her brows creased as her face held a look of discomfort. "Um, I know I'm a tiny little thing, but this is just a fast metabolism. There is no way in hell I'm making it there without hacking up a lung."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Well, then I can carry you. Come on, hop on my back."

She didn't need to be asked twice and second later, I felt her light weight on my shoulders. Her tiny arms wrapped themselves around my neck, and her legs around my waist. Her hands pressed against my chest and her head landed on my right shoulder.

"Okay, let's go." She commanded.

I held her thighs in place as I ran through the streets towards the Stilinski household. Osiris' breath came in short pants as her heart beat wildly from the speed, and I grinned wider, pushing my feet to go faster. Within minutes, I was standing right outside Stiles' window.

Osiris unwound her hands and legs, falling lightly on the ground. Her blonde hair looked a bit out of place and windblown, but she somehow found the way to pull it off. Her blue eyes were looking around rapidly, since she was obviously still a bit winded by the run.

What surprised me the most was the huge grin adorning her soft features.

"Holy shit. That was awesome!"

I raised an eyebrow at her response, since I knew for a fact most girls would be freaking out over how scary it was, but the one in front of me seemed completely delighted. I knew she was a bit of a crazy spirit, but this just surpassed any of my expectations.

She glanced up, before looking at me curiously. "Are we jumping up there?"

I nodded and beaconed her forward. "Come on. I'll help you up."

With a small sigh, she allowed me to grab her by the waist and haul her up to the porch's roof. She climbed up easily and walked up to the window, sliding inside gracefully. Once the coast was clear, I used a nearby tree as a boost to jump up onto the roof, then climbed inside the room quickly. Being the child she was, Osiris stuck her tongue out at me, probably thinking I was a show off. I ignored her little action and hauled her behind me where I stood behind the door.