Chapter Fourteen

I stomped up to the porch, rapping my fingers against the door. Not even two seconds had gone by when the door opened suddenly, Derek appearing behind it.

“What?” He snapped, signature scowl on his face.

I pushed past him into the house, turning around to face him, reciprocating with the same cold tone. “He went to Allison.”

He stared at me for a second, before growling under his breath and shaking his head. “What did I tell you?”

“He fucking left while I was cooking dinner! I didn’t even hear him sneak out! I looked for him everywhere and didn’t find him. My bad if I don’t have your super-hearing abilities!” I yelled, throwing my hands into the air.

He grabbed his jacket off a chair and stormed outside, walking up to my car. I climbed in the driver’s seat and was about to take off, when he grabbed my waist and sat me on the passenger seat, sliding in front of the steering wheel and revving the engine. 

“You could’ve just said you wanted to drive, jerk-off.” I snapped and crossed my arms, fury swirling within me.

He ignored my little tantrum and drove towards the house, going way over the speed limit. We were back within five minutes, due to Derek's crazy driving, and thundered upstairs to Scott’s room. It was completely dark and alone with no sign of Scott anywhere. Derek sat on a chair while I leaned against the wall beside him, waiting for the stubborn teenager to get back. Neither of us said a word, since he was seething over the fact Scott hadn't followed his orders, and I was still pretty pissed off about the way he was acting. It was like he was purposely getting under my skin these last few days and didn't even thank me for reinforcing his rules on Scott.

Sure enough, not even ten minutes had passed when Scott was sneaking in through the window, and turned on the light. He gasped when he saw us, glaring. “You seriously need to stop doing that.”

We both responded with stony silence, waiting for his next excuse and jump on his ass. But none came. Instead, he did the same thing to us, yet he seemed to be hesitating to speak.

Scott finally breathed out. “I saw the Alpha.”

My eyes widened and scanned over him, making sure he was alright. No scratches or bite marks seemed present, so the Alpha probably just talked to him instead of attacking.

“So what happened? Did he talk to you?” Derek asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Yeah. We had a nice conversation about the weather… No, he didn’t talk.” Scott snapped.

Derek shook his head. “Well, did you get anything off of him? An impression.”

“What do you mean?” Scott frowned.

“Remember, your other senses are heightened. Communication doesn’t have to be spoken. What kind of feeling did you get from him?” Derek asked, prompting for an answer.

Scott nodded. “Anger.”

Derek raised his eyebrows. “Focused on you?”

“No, not…not me.” Scott responded, and seemed to remember what had happened. “But it was definitely anger. I could feel it. Especially when he drew the spiral.”

“Wait, the what? What did you just say?” Derek demanded, an incredulous tone to his voice.

“He drew this spiral on the window of my car, in the condensation, you know?” Scott explained, drawing the figure in the air.

“What?” I looked at Derek, since he suddenly became quiet. “You have this look like you know what it means.”

“No, it’s…it’s nothing.” He began to walk out, still deep in thought.