Chapter Nine

I was driving Scott to school, who looked very shaken up. He was deathly pale, a frantic look in his eyes. I decided to let it drop, knowing Stiles would notice and tell me later. I pulled up to the school and he climbed out without a word, heading towards the entrance, where Stiles was waiting.

Sure enough, later in the day, I received a text from Stiles:

Scott had a weird dream last night involving Allison. He’s okay now though. There was an accident with a bus, and he thinks he has something to do with it. Try to find out as much as you can on Garrison Meyers’ state. He’s in the hospital. I’m sure you heard about it. Call me back when you get something.

And I did hear about the accident. In fact, I was the one that received him. He is doing fine now, and in a few days, he would be able to be released. He had various scratches and bruises, like from an animal. Most of them were on his face and legs, and shockingly enough, none were at his throat. This made me think about it, and knew right away that wasn’t just some animal attack. 

I got a text from Scott, and I opened it right away.

I’m going to the hospital. I want to try something.

Surely enough, within a few minutes, he was walking through the lobby, looking for me. I found him and dragged him to a corner, putting my hands on my hips.

“What do you want to do?” I demanded.

“I want to talk to Meyers. See if he recognizes me from the attack.” He explained.

I shook my head. “If he does, he’ll get agitated, and it’ll be fatal.”

“Please. I promise I’ll try not to scare him.” He begged.

I sighed. “Fine.”

He smiled and walked into the room, heading to his bed. I turned away and went straight to my office, setting my mind on finishing up some paperwork that was long overdue.

I heard my pager go off, telling me to go to Meyers’ bed. I groaned, running towards the ward he was at. Melissa was already there, trying to calm him down.

“Sedate him. His beat rate is climbing dangerously. He’s at 140.” I ordered, and she went into action, while I tried to soothe him.

He was thrashing wildly, and I held him down. “Mr. Meyers, I need you to calm down. Look at me. Calm down.”

The tranquilizer finally went into effect, and he settled down, falling into deep slumber. I let go of a breath I didn’t know I was holding, settling back into one of the chairs. Well, that confirmed that Scott was at the crime scene.

Great.

Scott texted me, asking me to drive him towards the police station, where they were holding the bus from the crime. I picked him up from the house, and we drove towards the station, where Stiles was already waiting for us.

Scott climbed out, and we followed after him.

“Hey, no. Just me. Someone needs to keep watch.” Scott ordered.

Stiles groaned. “How come we’re always the one’s keeping watch?”

“Because there’s only two of us.” He responded.

“So, I’m just a fly on the wall then?” I growled.

Scott turned towards me. “You’re a girl.”

I scoffed. “More of a man either of you ever will be.”

“Just stay here.” He barked.

I threw my hands up in the air, stomping back to my car. “Oh, my God!”