Chapter Nineteen

My eyes slowly drifted open, and I snuggled close to my surprisingly comfortable and warm pillow.

Wait.

Is that skin in front of me?

I suddenly shot up, and looked down at the sleeping figure under me. Derek was sprawled out on the left side of my bed, with one arm on my shoulders and the other around my waist. His legs were entwined with mine, and his face was serene and peaceful. He looked absolutely breathtaking as the soft sun’s glow illuminated his bronze skin. His long dark lashes brushed against his cheeks, and his mouth was set in a pout, making his full lips look downright tempting. His hair was a bit disheveled and hung on his forehead, fluttering when a drift hit it.

His emerald eyes opened all of a sudden, watching me warily before softening in recognition. I kept still, not knowing what to do after being caught blalantly checking him out. He surprised me by snuggling closer to me and wrapping his arms tighter around my body.

“I didn’t know you were a cuddler, Hale.” I smirked up at him.

He shook his head, burying it into my hair. “You just had to ruin a perfect moment, didn’t you?”

“The opportunity was too good to pass up.” I laughed. “Now, let me go. I gotta get ready for work.”

He groaned lightly, making his breath hit my neck and erupting a shudder from me. “No. I’m comfortable.”

“Yeah, well so am I, but I have to make money somehow. You’re free to continue your bonding with my bed, as long as you do it after you wake up.” I shrugged, pushing my hands against his chest.

He sighed and finally let me go with a grumbling “Fine.”

I began my process of getting ready for my day, as Derek continued to snooze in my covers. He didn’t even budge when I had turned up my music as I was doing my hair. Almost at the end, when I was already putting my things in my bag, did he sit up and look over at me.

“You mind if I use your car?”

I shrugged nonchalantly and continued to grab my keys and a file I needed for work. “Sure. Just pick me up after work.”

He nodded and began to grab his jeans. I took that as my cue to leave and shot the keys at him before sliding out of my room. Melissa was in the kitchen, packing up her lunch, while Scott sat at the table with a bowl of cereal in front of him. When he saw me come in, his face suddenly dropped, but he spoke up.

“Osiris, can we talk?”

I nodded and gestured over to the living room. Melissa shot me a confused look, and I smiled at her reassuringly, making her drop the subject.

Scott sighed, before beginning. “I’m really, extremely sorry about everything that I said and did yesterday. The full moon got me particularly hard this time, and it made everything a hundred times worse. I’m sorry as hell for calling you a bitch, and I deserved every single thing you said and did to me last night. You don’t have to forgive me, but I just wanted you to know that.”

I watched him carefully, and saw that he was being completely sincere. I knew it was tough being a werewolf just by seeing him live with it, day by day. Sometimes, stress gathered up and blew off the lid, but you couldn't hold a grudge forever because of it. Smiling up at him, I pulled him into a hug. He seemed to relax and squeezed me lightly before letting me go.

“Thanks, Osiris.”

“Wait, I’m not letting you go off the hook completely. Since you were being an annoying dick last night, you have to do my laundry for a month.” I smirked.