Chapter Six

I was in the hospital, tending to the usual emergencies. If it wasn’t a broken leg, it was someone cutting themselves with something. But it helped me take my mind off everything going on. Tomorrow was the lacrosse game, and Scott wasn’t able to get out of it, since his coach was as stubborn as a mule. But, I had achieved a small victory. The nurse who was in charge of Jackson had agreed to let him play, after much begging from my part. I had to act like I was his friend, and that he loved to play, blah, blah, blah. That meant Scott would probably not play much, which was a small plus.

Lunch finally arrived, and I retreated to my office, taking out the lasagna I had brought with me. I was barely digging my fork in the food when my door closed, making me look up. Derek was standing right in front of me, and slammed his palms against my desk. I flinched subtly, but met his glare with my own, letting the fork drop.

“What the fuck do you want, Hale?” I growled.

“I want you to stop Scott from playing.” He responded.

I snorted, leaning back in my chair. “Tough luck, wolfy. He is. And you shouldn’t be asking me. Go after his dumbass of a coach. I’m only the roomie.”

He shot me a look, and I smirked back, loving the fact that I was getting under his skin. “Write him a note saying that he’s injured and can’t play. You’re a doctor.”

“Yeah, but I don’t do dirty deals, Hale. And Scott would have to be actually injured for the coach to see he can’t play, genius. For a werewolf, you’re not too smart.” I rolled my eyes.

“Osiris, he’s gonna hurt someone.” Derek warned.

I have him a look. “You think I don’t know that!? We’ve done everything in our power to stop him from playing! Scott has a life too, Hale! He can’t just drop it! He can’t just leave everything behind because he turned into a werewolf. He’s got enough with trying to balance his life! And you are not fucking helping!”

He fisted his hands at his sides, clearly trying to control himself. “He’s going to have to learn how to live with it! This is who he is now. There is no going back.”

“You know what, Hale? Get out. I’ve got enough on my plate with trying to help Scott with the game tomorrow. Just get out.” I commanded, pinching the bridge of my nose and closing my eyes.

He stared at me for a second, then stormed out of my office, shutting the door behind him. When I finally calculated that he was away from the hospital, I began to throw a fit. I slammed my fists on my desk, making the pencils rattle.

He was so aggravating! He thought the whole fucking world revolved around him, and that we were just his puppets. He might be strong and could probably beat me into pulp without breaking a sweat, but I had had enough of his harassment, and if he came around again, I would make sure he left with some kind of injury. Hell, I might even carry around silver bullets and wolfsbane in my bag if I had to.

A few hours later, I finally got off duty and drove back home, still pissed beyond belief. Scott was already home, in his room, and he called me up.

I found him fixing his lacrosse stick, maybe for the game tomorrow.

“Stiles is coming over. I gotta tell you both something.” He informed.

I threw myself on the bed, slinging an arm over my eyes. “Is it about Hale?”

“Yeah.” He responded, finishing up stitching the net.

“Great, well, I’ve got news about him too. He came into my office today, demanding I stop you from playing. He had the fucking audacity to order me to fake that you had an injury. I hate him with a passion. If you don’t kill the guy soon, I will.” I grumbled.