Level 14: Temptation of Booster

(temporary) Opening Theme 2: Wired Life by Meisa Kuroki

The second half of the ongoing light cyberpunk teen drama of the online generation starts now. We are in this wired life, online and offline. We are all connected to everything, from our desires, to our obssessions, to our friends, our enemies, and to our goals. This is our ongoing saga in this wired world...

== N e t   G a m e   S a g a==

Offline:\Sinagtala Relocation Site\Sinagtala Tenements>

Third week of June, Monday in daybreak...

Ren dressed up for his morning job and went downstairs. He kissed his mother's cheek and grabbed a coco jam sandwich.

“Ren, be careful out there and do your best!”

He nodded at his mother and ate his sandwich fast. His mother served their warm mugs of brown coffee and offered him,

“Ren, you're not going to drink your coffee?”

“No thanks, mom!”

Ren finished his sandwich and biked his way to Manang Abe's Bakery.

Desiree, Ren's mother, went to Ren's room and opened his computer. She opened WeCall and found her husband, Carlito, online. She double-clicked his name in the online contacts list and typed in a message,

[Hey popsie! How are you there? Please call us on the phone if you have time]

Two minutes after, her landline phone rang and answered it. As expected, it's Carlito, her husband and Ren's father.

“Good morning, commander!”

“What's so good in a good morning, Lito!” Desiree said.

Carlito, on the other line, tried to pacify his wife,

“I still see this as a good morning call, honey. No need to be mad”

Desiree is ticked off at the moment her suspicion seemed to be true.

“I have one reason to get mad at both of you, Lito”

“What is it, hon?”

“Don't deny it, your son talked to me about it”

“That we played NOAH together till the mid-night?”

“Yeah, that's right, Lito!”

“I just showed my new job to your son, honey!”

Desiree raised her voice.

“Your job is to be virtual guardian of your son venturing in a forest filled with monsters?”

Carlito remained calm in spite of his wife's dismal approach to his new and uncanny job opportunity.

“Besides that, I am actually paid to do it”

“Really? How? Depending on the monsters you kill in the game?”

“A bit close to that, honey”

Desiree gave up.

“What is it, pops, I don't have all the time and money to play a guessing game with you, just tell it to me”

“All right, calm down honey”

Ren's mother sighed and tried to listen to him.

“I am now working as an undercover game moderator of NOAH. What I do in the game is mostly detaining online offenders by all means necessary”