Batman needs a Robin

"Robin, Starfire. What are you doing here." Batman pulled down his cowl before Starfire could see.

"Where's Jason?" Robin demanded as he shifted his backpack on his back to one side.

"Over there." Batman pointed to the Batman costumes on display. Where Jason was eyeing them.

Robin nodded and sprinted off. "I'll be a few Star."

Starfire sighed as she watched Robin run up to Jason and pull him out of sight.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why have you come back?" Batman asked Starfire once Robin and Jason were gone.

"I...I don't know. When we got to Metropolis Robin left me in a hotel and said he needed to go talk to a friend. When he came back, he said that we needed to go back to Gotham right away. He didn't say why." Starfire explained.

"Hmm..." Batman wondered what was up with that boy.

Starfire sighed. Robin had come back to them, but it was like he wasn't himself anymore. He didn't smile anymore, or tell her everything was gonna be okay. He completely shut everyone out.

"Robin? What are you doing here?" Jason stood up straight.

"I need to talk to you." Robin pulled him out of sight from Batman.

"What's up?"

"I...I wanted to...I need you to deliver a message to Bruce for me." Robin told him seriously

"Okay...what?" Jason asked confused.

"I...can't be Robin anymore." Robin sighed.

"Wait, What?! Why not?!" Jason asked concerned.

"Because, everything that's happened made me realize that. I can't go on like this anymore. But I can't let the Mantle of Robin die. Someone new must take it up." Robin paused, building suspense.

Jason's head was whirling. Was he gonna ask what he thought he was gonna ask?!

"Who?" Jason asked, his voice barley above a whisper.

"The only one I can think of, is you." Robin said equally soft as he reached for his backpack.

Jason froze. No way. No way was this happening to him. This was all just a dream. But if it is, He didn't want to wake up

Robin unzipped his backpack and pulled out a fresh Robin uniform.

"You don't have to take this. This is your choice. If you want to join the Hero's, if you wanna make a difference, then take it. If you don't, if you don't want to be part of the Batfamily, it your choice." Robin held the uniform out to him.

Jason's mind was made up. He reached out, and took the uniform.

Richard smiled. He was no longer Robin. Jason was.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Dick put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure. I'm sure more than anything." The New Robin smiled proudly. "After all, Batman needs a Robin."

"I couldn't agree more." Dick smiled widely. For real. It felt like a burden was lifted of his shoulders.

"What about you? Are you just going to stop being a hero?" Jason looked up at him concerned.

"Don't worry, I have something in mind." Dick smiled as he got up and zipped his backpack up.

"I gotta get back to Jump City."

"Thank you so much Dick. I'll never forget this." Jason wrapped his arms around the uniform.

"My pleasure." Dick patted him on the shoulder. "I'll be sure to visit Gotham sometime soon."