Flashbacks and a remembrance

Robin, was my partner, my ward, my Son-

Was he? I took him in because he had gone through the same thing I had when I was a child. I only had Alfred. I didn't want him to end up in an orphanage. Now that I think about, he probably would of ended up in an orphanage that I sponsored.

We were distant when I first took him in. I knew he needed his space to grieve and I, or Alfred would be there for him if he needed. He rarely ever came to us though.

He liked to sit in front of the fire where I put his parents picture over. He didn't have a lot of things when he came. He was in a traveling circus I guess you can't bring much. He said he had been homeschooled by his parents before they died.

I asked him if wanted to go to school. He said no, but after a little while he decided he wanted to try. He stopped going after he found out I was Batman.

I knew it was only a matter of time. Shortly after he became Robin, after I discovered he was investigating his parents case. He really opened up after he became Robin.

I suppose it was because he told me before he found out, his role model was Batman. Or maybe it because I spent more time with him or it was because I didn't have to lie about were I was going at night. Or why I slept half the day...

He brought life to the manor. He would bring friends over, and the halls ways would be full of laughter. There where never any cookies left, much to my dismay.

But, We became distant over the years, and eventually, we argued often. So much he left. He didn't say anything. He just took his stuff and left. I thought he would come back in few days and he just wanted to blow some steam off, but he took all of his stuff and he never returned.

Every time Batgirl entered the cave I hoped it was Robin. But he never returned. Superman informed me that The Teen Titans became the new protectors of Jump City and Robin was their Leader. Since Jump City was in California I knew he tried to move as far away from me as possible.

I heard him whisper something before he passed out the night he left, I barely heard him, but when I heard about him In Jump, I tried to make sense of what he said.

"I...ate...o."

I hate you.

That's the last thing he ever said to me. I have never contacted him, because I feared he still hated me and never wanted to see me again. Now some Low life Villain has Kidnapped him? The question was why. I would have to talk to the Titans again about his previous encounters with Robin. But I doubt Robin would them about it, he's not very open. I wonder were he got that...

Did he want him for ransom? Did he think if he took The Titans leader, they would fall apart?

The Titans didn't look very experienced. I shouldn't judge them for it. After all Robin is their leader, If he lead them I'm sure they are well trained. I looked at the security cameras. No leads. Unique fighting style though...

_______________________________________

He had no choice but to go into the hallway. There was no escape route in here. Maybe with his utility belt but since he didn't have it, he cautiously peeked further into the hallway.

Robin cautiously peeked through the door. There was a long hall way ahead of him. He carefully stepped into it. Robin jumped as The door slammed behind him. Robin frowned. Do all the doors slam like that? He thought grumpily. Staying alert he kept walking trough the long hallway. The hallway looked old, the light became dim as he went. a lantern with a light bulb in it every few feet.

He noticed there were no windows. The stone walls and the creaky floor were kinda creepy. What did he expect from Slade? Finally he saw the end of the hall. There were two doors on each side, and in front of him was a wall, with a hand scanner. Over the hand scanner was a cover that looked like it would cover it to make the wall look, like a normal wall. Robin studied the scanner. It looked high tec. Turning to the old looking doors he tried both.