Suspicions and Slade

Hey! Welcome back! I hope you like the story so far! And since clearly I have nothing better to do than update, here is another chapter for you!

_______________________________________
"Slade!"

Taking out his Bo-staff, he took a defensive stance.

"Relax." Slade calmly said. He was leaning against a car with a smug face under his mask.

"I don't want to fight, I just want to talk."

Surprised Robin dropped his stance, and widened his eyes.

"What?..." Finally getting over the fact that Slade hadn't been seen since Beastboy saw him at the abandon fair, which was 3 months ago, hadn't made a move at all, the Titans thought he had given up and moved on, apparently not.

"You heard me." Slade said smugly.

Finally Robin gained confidence, Maybe a little to much.

"What, you lost your fighting skills and plan to talk me to death?" He sarcastically said.

"Oh no, I why would I want to kill you?" Slade smiled under his mask.

Robin was so very confused "Because your my arch Enemy?"

"What makes you think that? I thought we were friends. For a time we were partners."

"What?! No what do you want? Why are you here?!" Robin became angry.

"Good he's angry." Slade thought.

"So your going to Gotham" Slade avoided the question. "Are you avoiding the Titans or do you just want to see your dear old Dad?"

"How did you know I was going to Gotham?! No I'm not avoiding the Titans! And he's not my Father!" Robin exclaimed

Robin was fuming. How dare he talk about Batman to me like that? I'm mean We had our differences, but...

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you." Slade said with the tiniest hint of sarcasm.

Robin rolled his eyes, and was about to give Slade comeback but he was interrupted.

"So who is then?" Slade asked randomly.

"Who is what?" Robin became suspicious.

"Who's your Father?"

_______________________________________

I have to find out who this "man in black" is. Why would he break the Joker out of Arkham? I've never seen anyone like this before. He's not from Gotham. This doesn't make any sense. There not working together. I've already talked to the Joker. He seemed just as confused. He could be lying. You can never know with the Joker. He's just to far insane. Looking at the security cams from Arkham, this guy was dressed completely in black except for a silver utility belt, and steel toed boots...kinda like Robin's. Robin. The last thing he ever said to me was that he hated me. I just wanted to protect him! I wasn't trying to take everything he ever loved away from him. I bet he still hates me. It's been years. And he's never contacted me. But I've never contacted him either.

FLASHBACK

"Robin take his goons, I'll go after the joker."

"Why can't I go after the Joker?" 14 year old Robin asked eagerly.

"The Joker is to Dangerous, he may be insane but he's not stupid. His goons however are pretty dumb." Before giving Robin the chance to respond he pushed him toward the door and pushed him in.

Robin, immediately faced with about 10 goons playing cards, smirked. "If I do this quick I'll be able to help Batman." Robin thought. "Let's do this"

6 minutes later.

Robin looked at all the goons laying on the ground knocked out. And Robin didn't have as much as a scratch. Flipping up into the air vents he thought he'd surprise them and take the Joker down and then Batman would Finally trust him.

Crawling in the air vents he listened for Batman. Sure enough, he heard punching and the Jokers sick laugh.

"Whaaaa! Heeehahaaa! Oh Batman, you haaa!" The Joker sickly laughed as he dodged Batman's punch.

Robin grinned from the air vent as the Joker was right beneath him. Moving the

Air vent cover Robin jumped down right on the Jokers head!

The Joker fell the the ground and seemed to be knocked out.

Batman looked at Robin. "You finished off the goons?"

"Yep!" Robin said proudly.

"Hmmm...have you called the cop-". But before he got a chance to finish Joker had gotten up and grabbed a gun and pointed it straight at, Robin.

"I've got you now!" The Joker laughed. "Time to say goodnight birdy!"

END OF FLASHBACK

Batman shook himself out of his trance. It was too pain full to think about it.

Trying to go back to work, Batman looked at the man in black again, looking closely at his face he realized right where his right eye should be, was an Eye patch.

_______________________________________

Starfire paced her room. She was thinking. About Robin. She hadn't thought much about when he was with her but when he was gone...she felt like she had nothing. No one to talk to no one to explain these foreigner things to her. She hoped he would be okay and return in a week. She hoped he would call her soon. She hoped, but she Hoped in vain.

_______________________________________

So who is then?" Slade asked randomly.

"Who is what?" Robin became suspicious.

"Who's your Father?"

Robin stopped. He froze to the spot. Who is my father? What kind of...

Slade smiled once More. That got him.

Silence engulfed them. Finally a pin dropped. (No just kidding.:)

Finally Slade spoke. "So you don't have one?"

Robin narrowed his eyes. "No I have one."

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter to you! Why are you asking?!"

Finally Slade got to the point. "I want you to join me."